• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2019 at 2:16 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

WUT!!!  People, whoever they bring in has to be able to carry onto the next phase of the MCU.  Adam Warlock is a GOTG movie character.

They're bringing in the Silver Surfer!!!  Why?  Because all comic book nerds know what follows after the Surfer shows up...Galactus...Fantastic Four!  Next phase baby!!!!(thumbsu

I think your prediction is a sound one because of a necessary continuation into the next phase ... bring back the Watcher to herald the announcement!

On 2/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, Chuck Gower said:

No one said she was hiring anyone that wasn't qualified. Her point was to INCLUDE. You are simply assuming. If you had any idea what you were talking about you'd know the UNION won't ALLOW her to hire someone unqualified. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of you showing us how enlightened you are about the world around you.

Incorrect again. That's not what she said. Now you're just making things up.

She's not backtracking anything. She has to clarify it for those too dimwitted to understand it in the first place.

Why are you still here then?

I see we've reached to the calling someone stupid part of the discussion. I find being called out by someone with 21,000 posts on one website as dimwitted as VERY funny though but you forget, I've read your posts and it's fairly easy to see you are overmatched here. Your only saving grace is your determination and the fact that you clearly live on this site and therefore hope that I will give up on this particular topic. You would be correct because I have no desire to mix words with someone who so clearly owns the website and can tell others to BEGONE! That alone if nothing else sums up your mental state to me. Maybe it's all those bugs you all eat in Thailand, who knows.

I will help you though as you seem very confused on this matter so in the immortal works of Inigo Montoya "Let me explain...No, there is too much.Let me sum up"

Discrimination to achieve diversity is bad and that is what in my view Brie seems to have been promoting. I don't agree with that, period, in any industry. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise and quite frankly I do not care about you. If that isn't what she meant then great but words have consequences and I have decided not to support her now. I'll wait for Avengers Endgame. 

I only responded because I always find it amusing when someone acts like he owns a website because their post count it high. This is a laughable person to me but you be you bro, don't let anyone crush your dreams! I'm rooting for you to hit 30k, you can make it! 

I'll skip the movie and reading any more comments on this matter but go have fun at the movie showing superstar. Tell everyone in your row about your massive post count lol

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

There were so many rumors about the Surfer showing up in Infinity War, it's hard to take a new round of such rumors too seriously.

Unless ... UNLESS ... :whee:

Feige has already said anything Fox related is off the table till the deal goes through, which could mean 1 - 2 years before we see anything Surfer related in theaters.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:32 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

I think a lot of the times people complaining about politics in movies are bringing that baggage in with them. Not calling out anyone in this thread, just saying. If this were pre internet we would judge the film based on it's own merits when it was released, simple as that.

Jane Fonda might have a different opinion.

Edited by nearmint

I'm not going to see it because marvel movies are just the same thing over and over again. It gets old. And besides who wants to see Captain Marvel, when you can wait a month and see: 

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 2.38.09 PM.png

those name stealin' jerks

Edited by HuddyBee

4 hours ago, ianh said:

I see we've reached to the calling someone stupid part of the discussion.

I never called you stupid, but don’t let the truth get in the way of your story. 

I find being called out by someone with 21,000 posts on one website as dimwitted as VERY funny though but you forget, I've read your posts and it's fairly easy to see you are overmatched here.

I’m not sure what any of this means, or what your point is, but it sounds like your saying something. Someone might be impressed. 

Your only saving grace is your determination and the fact that you clearly live on this site

Hardly. My posts cover almost 10 years of being here. Nice try though. 

and therefore hope that I will give up on this particular topic.

As long as you can go on making factually incorrect statements, I can go on correcting you. No problem. 

You would be correct because I have no desire to mix words

Yet here you are mixing words...

with someone who so clearly owns the website and can tell others to BEGONE!

I neither own this website nor tell or told anyone to begone. Where have I done that? You said you were leaving the discussion, I replied ‘don’t let the door hit you in the back on the way out.’

Did I hurt your feelings? Did you think I was telling you to leave the forum? Heavens no! It’s NOT my forum, and I’m sure whoever owns it is more than welcome for you to stay. 

That alone if nothing else sums up your mental state to me. Maybe it's all those bugs you all eat in Thailand, who knows.

See now, I never said YOU were dim witted specifically. Yet here you are very specifically making a slight about my mental state (based solely upon your forum interaction with me) and then, I guess thinking you were making some kind of joke about eating bugs or something. 

Nice try. 

I will help you though as you seem very confused on this matter so in the immortal works of Inigo Montoya "Let me explain...No, there is too much.Let me sum up"

Yawn. 

Discrimination to achieve diversity is bad and that is what in my view Brie seems to have been promoting. I don't agree with that, period, in any industry. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise and quite frankly I do not care about you. If that isn't what she meant then great but words have consequences and I have decided not to support her now. I'll wait for Avengers Endgame. 

So in other words, you’ll just ignore what she actually SAID and rather just go with what you CHOOSE to believe. 

Got it. 100% clear.  

I only responded because I always find it amusing when someone acts like he owns a website because their post count it high. This is a laughable person to me but you be you bro, don't let anyone crush your dreams! I'm rooting for you to hit 30k, you can make it! 

Yawn. 

I'll skip the movie

Dont let the theater door hit you on the way out. 

and reading any more comments on this matter

I doubt that. 

but go have fun at the movie showing superstar.

Thanks, champ!

Tell everyone in your row about your massive post count lol

You seem extremely hung up on the size of my post count. I don’t think it matters really. 

People often say, it’s not the size of your post count, but how you use it. 

Just because yours is small it doesn’t mean your posts are any less effective. Unless of course they are. 

Like in this conversation here. 

Edited by Chuck Gower

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think a certain group of people watch a certain group of youtubers all the time and they have become brainwashed.The Echo Chamber Effect. They don't know they are being played by these Youtube groups. Negativity sells and gets views.

If we check out the Black Panther and Into The Spider Verse threads here on this forum we will find out it`s the same group of posters who were saying the same things about Black Panther and Into The Spider Verse that they are now saying about Captain Marvel.

lol.

It's safe to say they the theatrical success of Black Panther took EVERYONE by surprised.  

Spider-verse, on the other hand, has not exactly been a box office bonanza.  In fact, it has under-performed relative to all the accolades.  

I personally have no interest in this CM movie because it is nothing but a cheap narrative ret-con in the MCU for the sole purpose of shoehorning this character in at the 11th hour. I don't like that.  That essentially makes this movie completely disposable. But not in the same way the pointless Ant-man and Wasp movie was disposable.  CM is disposable in a borderline intelligence- insulting way that repels me from it even more so than the terribly overrated, and absolutely charmless Brie Larson who they have clearly miscast in the role (I agree with @jsilverjanet up above, his comments on her performance in Room are spot on, you should definitely give it a watch if you are ever in the mood to watch a solid hour of unprovoked hysterical yelling, crying and over acting, which takes up more than half the film).

While I expect Disney to certainly make a technically proficient film,  and there will obviously be a built in audience of people who go to see it simply because they have seen every other Marvel movie,  I personally wouldn't be surprised if it hit Doctor Strange numbers.  CM is no Wonder Woman.

-J.

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This is going to be a big hit leaving the same group of people who doubted Black Panther and Into The Spider Verse surprised again.

lol.

People like, HuddyBee & ianh.

Why do they post in the Captain Marvel Movie thread? hm

They're not going to see the movie...why do they care? hm

Do they even collect CGC graded comicshm  

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

59 minutes ago, Bird said:

The end of WW was horrible, once they left the war scenes and dealt with Ares it was just bad. Yet another comic book movie ending full of swirling dust and debris. 

That movie made no sense, in large part because it violated the first rule of comic books and movies -- so much depends on the quality of the villian(s).  Doctor Poison, Forgettable German General Guy, and Mars were all pretty ridiculous.  The movie was clearly carried by Gal Godot's stunning performance, with a solid honorable mention to Chris Pine.

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That movie made no sense, in large part because it violated the first rule of comic books and movies -- so much depends on the quality of the villian(s).  Doctor Poison, Forgettable German General Guy, and Mars were all pretty ridiculous.  The movie was clearly carried by Gal Godot's stunning performance, with a solid honorable mention to Chris Pine.

Exactly. The only villain with any screen presence was the woman with half a face.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

It's safe to say they the theatrical success of Black Panther took EVERYONE by surprised.  

Spider-verse, on the other hand, has not exactly been a box office bonanza.  In fact, it has under-performed relative to all the accolades.  

I personally have no interest in this CM movie because it is nothing but a cheap narrative ret-con in the MCU for the sole purpose of shoehorning this character in at the 11th hour. I don't like that.  That essentially makes this movie completely disposable. But not in the same way the pointless Ant-man and Wasp movie was disposable.  CM is disposable in a borderline intelligence- insulting way that repels me from it even more so than the terribly overrated, and absolutely charmless Brie Larson who they have clearly miscast in the role (I agree with @jsilverjanet up above, his comments on her performance in Room are spot on, you should definitely give it a watch if you are ever in the mood to watch a solid hour of unprovoked hysterical yelling, crying and over acting, which takes up more than half the film).

While I expect Disney to certainly make a technically proficient film,  and there will obviously be a built in audience of people who go to see it simply because they have seen every other Marvel movie,  I personally wouldn't be surprised if it hit Doctor Strange numbers.  CM is no Wonder Woman.

-J.

Let me get see if I've got this correct. You're saying you don't own any Captain Marvel first appearances?