• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Also, I find it more likely lonely boyz will actually go to see this in hopes it will endear them to the grrrlz who go as well lol

Not gonna' lie -- a cute girl was the only reason I went to see Big Hero 6 in the theater.

We did back-to-back movie nights: Friday I took her to see Gone Girl and Saturday she took me to see Big Hero 6.

12 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

I like outing myself!  I can also accept that a movie which is in many ways awful to me may be very popular among the bleating masses...doesn't make it any better to me just shows what followers people can be.  I find it really funny that so many people apparently found BP to be this great film when the few reviewers I actually agree with regularly thought it was just meh or ok.  More hype about what it was than how it was.  The world hasn't agreed with me for a long time and I stopped waiting for it to come around long ago!  I never had a problem with ITSV, though.  

Annnd I like sounding old!  I want to sound ANCIENT! :preach:

Also, I find it more likely lonely boyz will actually go to see this in hopes it will endear them to the grrrlz who go as well lol

Next movie the same old men crew complain about will be  star wars episode 9.  It`s not their Star Wars. 

Story image for star wars episode 9 from Inverse      https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottmendelson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FMV5BODAzYjBiNDQtYWYyZi00YWI2LWI4MDMtZTM1MmQ1OTVkYzRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc%40._V1_.jpg

take it to the bank.

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Next movie the same old men crew complain about will be  star wars episode 9.  It`s not their Star Wars. 

Story image for star wars episode 9 from Inverse      https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottmendelson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FMV5BODAzYjBiNDQtYWYyZi00YWI2LWI4MDMtZTM1MmQ1OTVkYzRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc%40._V1_.jpg

take it to the bank.

If its anything like the last one, you're damn skippy haha.

edit- neither of these two actors were my problem with TLJ, for the record.  They were both in  TFA and I actually like that somewhat!

Edited by Mystafo

19 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

If its anything like the last one, you're damn skippy haha.

edit- neither of these two actors were my problem with TLJ, for the record.  They were both in  TFA and I actually like that somewhat!

I bet you now the next Star Wars that has Luke Skywalker`s last appearance in it will break 1 billion , but will still have the same old middle-aged men posters  upset that it might be little too PC for them and offend them.

So they will complain and say they will stay home and Disney won't get their money.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

5 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Exactly. I'm guessing middle-aged men who will never get behind any of these movies featuring characters they never collected back in the 70s or 80s.

I just hope Captain Marvel is better than Green Lantern -- so far, they're looking really similar to me, and that's not a good thing.

Well whaddya know, something we actually agree on.  :baiting::grin:

-J.

Annette Being as the Kree Supreme Intelligence. That is a surprise. She may be an older woman now but all I see is The Grifters whenever she shows up. I may have to watch that again. hm

On 2/28/2019 at 8:27 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

People like, HuddyBee & ianh.

Why do they post in the Captain Marvel Movie thread? hm

They're not going to see the movie...why do they care? hm

Do they even collect CGC graded comics? hm  

lol No, sorry my b.

Nor do I.

And that - all the way along - has been my point.

I'm for great _stories_ regardless of the characters.

The studios have proven they can make great movies out of C-list characters like Guardians of the Galaxy and Miles Morales, while also screwing up marquee characters with films like Justice League.

In 30 years of comic collecting, I've never intentionally bought a comic with Carol Danvers in it.

I vaguely recall she may have been in some issues of New Avengers 15 years back, and I think I flipped through Ms. Marvel 16-18 that I picked up as part of a massive collection once just to see how Mystique looked.

But I basically know nothing about the character. Hell - the Captain Marvel I grew up with was Monica Rambeau back when she was part of the West Coast Avengers.

So I don't have a stake in this one.

Still, I find it amusing that this no-name character (or...at least D list one when I was collecting in the early '90s) may have a better opening weekend than Justice League.

Edited by Gatsby77

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for the second week

I prefer to watch when it's gone quieter, but still on a large screen.

5 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Legit question here.

Doesn't Fox still own the Skrulls?

So...did Marvel have to pay to license them for this film (a la licensing Spidey's appearance in Civil War)?

https://screenrant.com/marvel-fox-movie-rights-skrulls-mcu-explained/

3 word google search...fox...skrulls...marvel

Long story short, they share them. They share the Watchers too, only Uatu is a Fox property.

10 minutes ago, Bird said:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-fox-movie-rights-skrulls-mcu-explained/

3 word google search...fox...skrulls...marvel

Long story short, they share them. They share the Watchers too, only Uatu is a Fox property.

I was going to point back to that article when this came out early on during the time people assumed Dark Phoenix may use the Skrulls (it won't).