• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I thought Tessa Thompson showed a lot more range (and personality) in Ragnarok than in Creed 2.

I thought she played the exact same person in Thor and Westworld... but I will admit, she was different from the person she played in Creed.   So she is a good actress...

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I thought she played the exact same person in Thor and Westworld... but I will admit, she was different from the person she played in Creed.   So she is a good actress...

But how did she compare to Westworld?

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Not sure I understand?  She played a similar character... conceited, haughty, just annoying

I was checking to see if you saw the same performance. I promise - no hidden agenda in the question.

hm

Well, maybe...

Spoiler

emotion01.gif.0098d41889d2738c1ecdd5536bbb0768.gif

Captain Marvel made $197 million domestic in its first week.

And a CGC 8.5 copy of Marvel Super-Heroes # 13 sold yesterday for $2,045.

Which is actually down from a few $3,000 sales in January, but still strikes this old-school collector as absurd.

9 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

I watched the Jimmy Kimmel interview and I just don't understand the hate for Brie. She seemed charming to me. Looking forward to Captain Marvel 2!

I agree. I found her humorous and very witty in the interview. I like her more now than ever.

12 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Captain Marvel made $197 million domestic in its first week.

And a CGC 8.5 copy of Marvel Super-Heroes # 13 sold yesterday for $2,045.

Which is actually down from a few $3,000 sales in January, but still strikes this old-school collector as absurd.

All these Marvel related movie comics will continue to have juice and baffle old-school collectors.

Just think there will be a Captain Marvel 2.

:smile:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I liked her in Scott Pilgrim. Sure, the character was over-the-top and intense. But it made the story that much more fun.

And sure, Brandon Routh takes it even further. :D

I find talk show hosts have the tendency to make their guests look stupid. It seemed to me that she was on the defensive, trying to turn Kimmel's rhetoric back on him. I don't watch these much, but I'm curious if there are any late night female led talk shows like Kimmel & Fallon?

I like her as an actor but I think she’s miscast for the role. To me she’s like the really cute girl next door, but Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel) is supposed to be more glamorous, at least that’s how she was portrayed in the 70’s series. My perfect casting would be a slightly younger Charlize Theron.

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

I like her as an actor but I think she’s miscast for the role. To me she’s like the really cute girl next door, but Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel) is supposed to be more glamorous, at least that’s how she was portrayed in the 70’s series. My perfect casting would be a slightly younger Charlize Theron.

I don't think age is ever an issue when casting Theron!:luhv:

On 3/15/2019 at 11:51 AM, Bosco685 said:

I have no issues with Amber Heard, other than those starlet outfits she wore to Aquaman premieres.

amberheard01.PNG.bf3b388423afab7ef580051338ec7db4.PNG

Hey I think I'll put a cabbage on my head and wear the drapes to the premiere-

YOU GO GIRL!!  DO YO THANG~!