• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I loved Wonder Woman, but some of the problems I had with it particularly were the useless "team" they got together that seemed to do nothing in the movie, Steve Trevor's constant "mansplaining" to Diana throughout the movie, got a little slow at times for no reason (such as Diana's talk with the Indian guide, why was that important again?), and yes, the paint by numbers climactic battle. I obviously preferred Captain Marvel. 

I think you are just a DC sexist. It's quite clear.

:insane:

At least nobody had nunchucks in WW. The stories you could have told.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Guilty as charged

Oh, I see it. Trying to pitch a racist story influence in the Shazam thread just to throw shade was quite clear.

I'm just glad I can find that middle ground to enjoy all these movies if they hit what I am looking for. No matter how many CGC books I have from each company.

But maybe one day, maybe now since we're past the two first women led movies by DC and Marvel, we can stop comparing movies because they're female led and just compare them as super-hero movies in general.

MLK_I_Have_A_Dream.jpg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But maybe one day, maybe now since we're past the two first women led movies by DC and Marvel, we can stop comparing movies because they're female led and just compare them as super-hero movies in general.

someday, but prolly not for a bit still. 

Glad that I finally had a chance to see this while it was still on the big screen. 

This movie kicked butt! Awesome! Well paced, well acted and a satisfying ending.

As someone who thought Captain Marvel was a cool series long before these movies came into being I was happy to see this result. Not so much the financial success which is cool but the depiction of the character.

I keep saying I’m tired of superhero movies and I am, but shucks, they keep dragging me back.