• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, chrisco37 said:

My wife and daughter just went and saw it for a second time earlier this week.  It's a massive hit.  

Tremendous! Which is why we are celebrating all the behind-the-scenes work. :luhv:

CAPTAINMARVEL004.thumb.PNG.9a952131e48b8b7b18e63246636b9187.PNG

:insane:

1 hour ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Should be a good weekend with the last minute people that want to see this before Endgame. 

Yeah. Box Office Mojo's now saying it might hit $400M this weekend.

Crazy that its worldwide total has now surpassed that of Rogue One and The Dark Knight.

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Crazy that its worldwide total has now surpassed that of Rogue One and The Dark Knight.

pretty good for a mediocre origin flick with a divisive actress in the lead.  even y'all that agree with him gotta admit that guy is as repetitive as the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald song.

22 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

pretty good for a mediocre origin flick with a divisive actress in the lead.  even y'all that agree with him gotta admit that guy is as repetitive as the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald song.

At least he's moved off of the "macguffin" thing...

And I see Brie is still holding at the # 3 most-viewed actor in the world on IMDB.

20 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

At least he's moved off of the "macguffin" thing...

And I see Brie is still holding at the # 3 most-viewed actor in the world on IMDB.

Who was #1?

IMDb01.PNG.870b75197f3636330c4119a4d984a209.PNG

:shy:

I still like Brie Larson in pretty much anything she appears in. But found that interesting.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Who was #1?

IMDb01.PNG.870b75197f3636330c4119a4d984a209.PNG

:shy:

I still like Brie Larson in pretty much anything she appears in. But found that interesting.

Thanks.

I couldn't figure out how to view the list without IMDBPro.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

"Higher, Further, Faster!"

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2018a.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wonderwoman.htm

+CM+WW-BO.jpg

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

Captain Marvel hit a home run at the box office, bringing in over a billion worldwide and introducing a brand new hero to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Many fans flocked to theaters to support it, seeing it numerous times even. Thing is, no one was as dedicated to seeing it numerous times as one Steve Ruppel, a fan in Wisconsin who saw the movie so many times he broke a Guinness World Record in the process. Ruppel headed to the Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema to break the previous record of 104, and he did just that, though he decided to go even further.

Ruppel ended up seeing Captain Marvel 116 times, shattering the record. He didn't think it was really achievable but decided to give it a go anyway. "I thought it was the most insane thing ever, I thought it was impossible. I wasn't even sure why it was even a record, but I thought after a while 'I should probably do that,'" Ruppel told CBS 58.

The most Ruppel saw the movie in one day was seven times, and he would try and liven things up by paying more attention to things in the background or picking up small details like what particular day the events were taking place. He also went on to explain why he decided to take this task on.

"I love superhero movies, and so this was a pretty good fit. I knew it was going to be around for a while, and I thought it would probably be a good choice for this particular record. Looking back on it now, I might almost consider a Disney movie, because they're usually shorter and probably around for a while, but that singing would drive me crazy. It really would," Ruppel said.

Wisconsin man sees Captain Marvel 116 times to break world record

I am astounded that this did $1 billion. 

I am even more shocked that Ant-Man and the Wasp did $622 million in comparison.

I'll be very curious to see how these movies do once Endgame takes place. Spider-man should do well. But beyond that I don't know how much power these characters have without a bigger tie-in (Thanos/Avengers). Black Panther obviously has a strong following.