• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

nah; she'd need another 40m or so after this weekend, and that's a bridge too far.

It's crazy how much China loved Aquaman, even though I never saw it (underwater scenes looked too crazy to me). But I wouldn't count out Captain Marvel just yet. [SPOILERY COMMENT?] Carol Danvers in Endgame was a tease, just scratches the surface, I think. Maybe folks who haven't seen CM yet will want to go see it now to get a better idea of who this character is. With that possible post-Endgame spike, maybe $40 mil isn't out of the question.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Well I finally broke down and saw it yesterday mainly because I want to see Endgame soon before someone spoils it for me. I'll agree with the general consensus....eh, definitely near the bottom of the Marvel movies.  Nick's eye injury? Skrulls origin? Brie Lawson having an "attitude" and smirk in every single scene? The missed opportunities to involve Ronin more?

Too many negatives to make it good

31 minutes ago, Murphman13 said:

Well I finally broke down and saw it yesterday mainly because I want to see Endgame soon before someone spoils it for me. I'll agree with the general consensus....eh, definitely near the bottom of the Marvel movies.  Nick's eye injury? Skrulls origin? Brie Lawson having an "attitude" and smirk in every single scene? The missed opportunities to involve Ronin more?

Well, the fact that you had to "break down" to see Captain Marvel tells me you're a CM hater, so going in with that attitude doesn't  help you enjoy what the actual general audience consensus, outside haters circles, says is a decent movie. I feel it's an awesome movie, but that's just me, and a lot of other people. I feel there's more to Nick's eye injury than just a scratch, and future movies may bear that out. The twist on the true nature of the Skrulls in this movie was great, imo. How refreshing it was the filmmakers didn't make a boring conventional bad guy story, but chose rather to open things up. Try opening your mind up, it'll do wonders. But your problem with Brie Larson's "attitude" tells me you simply don't like Brie Larson which also isn't going to help you.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 hours ago, Murphman13 said:

At least it gives you a feel for what the Infinity War end credits was all about, where she fit in, and then her part in Endgame.

But some have already pointed out on here how articles are accidentally (or without care) tossing out spoilers for Endgame without warning. So I get where you are coming from on making the jump sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

Wow, I don’t know that guy, do you? Because you’ve definitely made assumptions about him. Somewhat negative review so he’s a hater? The defensive positions people are taking are odd. It’s just a movie. Once again: Just. A. Movie. Are we teenagers here? You can trash my favorite movie all day and I’m not losing sleep. Hell, it’s not like I made it.

Yeah yeah. I'm sure he's a nice person in real life, but I can tell a Captain Marvel hater a mile away...