• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

you see a similar, but not quite as pronounced deviation from the standard bell curve on the Blank Panther IMDB ratings:

1001872611_ScreenShot2019-05-05at3_56_13PM.png.5103aecfd520b2d8ea2ed5228fa4d640.png

the 3.4% of 1 star ratings are likely a comparable effort as with TLJ and CM to sandbag the reviews, in this case because some people can't stomach the idea of a Black male super hero.  I'd wager if they did a Black Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel feature film, a portion of the fanbase would become absolutely unglued and seething with hatred before it ever even had a --script.

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

I finally got around to seeing Captain Marvel. This movie was excellent. The only part I didn't care for was Nick Fury's interactions with the cat, and the reason for his eye being gone, but everything else was slightly above par for Marvel movies. Brie Larson was perfect for me in the role, and the Skrulls were amazing. That flip was the best part of the movie for me. I also loved how she put Yon Rogg in his place at the end. Easily an 8.6/10.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:15 AM, topofthetotem said:

The longer they wait the more likely they are to lose that revenue stream to pirating and the general public’s apathetic attitude to the criminality of questionable downloading practices.

Love the avatar btw...wasted a lot of hours as a kid on that game. I was all about the cheat codes...

On 5/9/2019 at 9:15 AM, topofthetotem said:

The longer they wait the more likely they are to lose that revenue stream to pirating and the general public’s apathetic attitude to the criminality of questionable downloading practices.

That's another good reason why those adjusted for inflation prices on boxofficemojo.com would never be a reality in today's society. I still would have expected at least 4 months in theaters before Digital & Blu-Ray though.