• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

I heard the DVD has some extended scenes. Only one ive seen so far is the Motorcycle scene. Originally Carol just steals the mans clothes (and whatever money is in them) and his Motorcycle. In the new scene she also tortures him physically for saying something she found offensive (its not clear if she was breaking his bones or electrocuting him). I believe she was breaking his bones though because she also threatened to sever his hand (which clearly she could do and the man knew it after the torture began). She then did like before stealing all his stuff and some stuff she liked from a store and drove off.

Ok than.

Edited by zhamlau

Probably all quite calculated. Attempting to appeal to a demographic their movies are not yet scoring big with and banking that their existing audience members that may find this offensive are too invested in the MCU to do more than complain. Bidness.

Saw this on iTunes yesterday and out of around 900 reviews about 300 were one star out of five. Didn’t really see any hateful comments in the one star, mainly things ranging from “It was ok” to “forgettable.” Pretty much the camp I’m in except I don’t bother to leave reviews anywhere except here.

6 hours ago, Oddball said:

Saw this on iTunes yesterday and out of around 900 reviews about 300 were one star out of five. Didn’t really see any hateful comments in the one star, mainly things ranging from “It was ok” to “forgettable.” Pretty much the camp I’m in except I don’t bother to leave reviews anywhere except here.

your only off by about 100 on the 1 star reviews:

2024337902_ScreenShot2019-05-28at8_19_48PM.png.a934c427072ba60323c59cd7a0e4a8e5.png

If you look at the distribution of ratings, it's sitting at a RT score of 79, despite obvious attempts to sandbag the scores with 1 star fake reviews- no movie would get this find of star rating distribution. Also, read the comments and the screen names, it's sounds like the same thing over and over (like they were written by a certain someone in this thread) anyway, for comparison, look at the iTunes rating for the Thor the Dark World below, which has an RT score of 67- just look at the star rating distribution:  THIS is the normal distribution for a movie that was genuinely mediocre and not as well liked.   You can pretty much throw the iTunes rating out the door, it's all garbage.  Why supposedly grown men are so threatened by this movie continues to evade me.  You would think they would have more positive views on women given their clear dependence on their mothers to clothe and feed them in their safe space in the basement while attending community college online working on their third associates degree at age 33 and delivering pizzas on the weekends.

1805026267_ScreenShot2019-05-28at8_19_06PM.png.ae4408c5ead02b208f26f7e2e659d4cc.png

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

On 5/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, zhamlau said:

I heard the DVD has some extended scenes. Only one ive seen so far is the Motorcycle scene. Originally Carol just steals the mans clothes (and whatever money is in them) and his Motorcycle. In the new scene she also tortures him physically for saying something she found offensive (its not clear if she was breaking his bones or electrocuting him). I believe she was breaking his bones though because she also threatened to sever his hand (which clearly she could do and the man knew it after the torture began). She then did like before stealing all his stuff and some stuff she liked from a store and drove off.

Ok than.

Amusing how Captain Marvel haters are now branding this DELETED SCENE from Captain Marvel as an "extended scene" from the movie as if it's what actually happened off screen as further proof that Captain Marvel hates white dudes when it's just a DELETED SCENE and an obvious nod to Terminator 2.

And in yet another strange case of Captain Marvel's art imitating life(such as trolls saying Brie Larson needs to smile more), the dude playing the dude who is the poor victim of Vers' evil evil crime against poor white men across the world is John Kazinsky, who has actually been accused of sexual harassment in real life. 

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

your only off by about 100 on the 1 star reviews:

2024337902_ScreenShot2019-05-28at8_19_48PM.png.a934c427072ba60323c59cd7a0e4a8e5.png

If you look at the distribution of ratings, it's sitting at a RT score of 79, despite obvious attempts to sandbag the scores with 1 star fake reviews- no movie would get this find of star rating distribution. Also, read the comments and the screen names, it's sounds like the same thing over and over (like they were written by a certain someone in this thread) anyway, for comparison, look at the iTunes rating for the Thor the Dark World below, which has an RT score of 67- just look at the star rating distribution:  THIS is the normal distribution for a movie that was genuinely mediocre and not as well liked.   You can pretty much throw the iTunes rating out the door, it's all garbage.  Why supposedly grown men are so threatened by this movie continues to evade me.  You would think they would have more positive views on women given their clear dependence on their mothers to clothe and feed them in their safe space in the basement while attending community college online working on their third associates degree at age 33 and delivering pizzas on the weekends.

1805026267_ScreenShot2019-05-28at8_19_06PM.png.ae4408c5ead02b208f26f7e2e659d4cc.png

I guess I’m off on the numbers because I had to guess based on this. Didn’t see an option to break the numbers down exactly in my phone.

743DD3E3-D474-4236-9BFC-BBD4B955B32F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

I guess I’m off on the numbers because I had to guess based on this. Didn’t see an option to break the numbers down exactly in my phone.

743DD3E3-D474-4236-9BFC-BBD4B955B32F.jpeg

ah, they don't show it on the mobile app I guess- I was looking at it on the desktop-  mystery solved!