• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

They didn't "sexualize" Captain Marvel because Brie Larson has no rear-end...

That butt double casting call was quite the wild story.

Is Marvel Hiring A Butt Double For Brie Larson?

In one of the oddest and most humorous stories of the week, Marvel Studios is searching for a ‘butt double’ for reshoots of Avengers 4 due out next year. Disney is scheduled to begin a series of reshoots over the coming weeks as it prepares for a lengthy post-production. In a Georgia Central Casting Facebook page (GCC) ad, they call for additional photography and a ‘butt double’ presumably for Brie Larson who is set to play Captain Marvel in the latest film.

****FEATURE FILM – Mary Lou****
BODY/BUTT DOUBLE
Working multiple dates starting September
Rate: $125/10

Central Casting is looking for a Photo Double to work on this exciting project. Filming will likely begin in early September; you should have a flexible schedule and ability to work multiple days a week through October. An interview and fitting will be required within the next 2 weeks. Filming will mostly take place in Fayetteville & the Greater Atlanta Area. Experience is preferred. You MUST fit these size requirements:

-Woman #1: Looking for a female who appears to be Caucasian, 20’s-30’s. Height 5’2 – 5’4, Bust 32B – 32D, waist 25 – 27, hips 36 – 38, dress size 0-4. Hair color: BLONDE

ONLY SUBMIT IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION! And follow the instructions carefully or you will NOT be considered! To submit, send an email to MaryLou@CentralCasting.com and include: your name, phone number, height, weight, sizes, current photo(s) and a resume of any relevant experience. For photos, you MUST include:

1. a headshot
2. full body shot of your front side, head to toe
3. full body shot of your back side (wearing ALL BLACK, leggings or yoga pants- must be form fitting).

Please put “BODY DOUBLE” in the subject line.

It's just weird who applied.

bHb6tN1.png

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe actually try watching the movie instead of having it on in the background and walking in and out of the room or taking a phone call. If you'd actually WATCHED the movie, your question concerning Carol Danvers' powers from the beginning of Captain Marvel to the end and going into Endgame would have been answered.

The Captain Marvel defender!

You and @TwoPiece should have a conversation about how much you love this movie.

Edited by sagekilz

28 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Fact: Brie Larson is maybe one of the coolest people in Hollywood today.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 8.40.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 8.39.43 AM.png

I actually enjoy her acting. Just not what was asked of her in Captain Marvel.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel well enough. I thought it was fine, which is what I think about most superhero movies. I like Brie Larson in the part. I loved how much my young niece and wife enjoyed it. I also don't think it's constructive or correct to base the quality of a performance on whether or not that lead actress has a butt.

That being said...it's true. She has no butt. No butt at all. 

Me and the wife watched this recently and we both thought it was OK. Tons better than Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok IMHO.

A lot of things I didn't like about it, especially since I would like it if they kept it a bit closer to the source...but as far as recent Marvel movies go it was enjoyable enough.

13 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Me and the wife watched this recently and we both thought it was OK. Tons better than Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok IMHO.

A lot of things I didn't like about it, especially since I would like it if they kept it a bit closer to the source...but as far as recent Marvel movies go it was enjoyable enough.

What the :censored:..?

39 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What the :censored:..?

What? You’re surprised I liked this better than the Spider-Man where his costume had a built in AI and the “funniest Marvel movie ever”?

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

What? You’re surprised I liked this better than the Spider-Man where his costume had a built in AI and the “funniest Marvel movie ever”?

Spider-Man, I can understand, because it's probably different from what some people expect/want. There's definitely some Iron Man bias from me, and I'm sure that detracts from the movie for others. The twist of Vulture being the dad, and Holland's acting, makes the movie much better than Captain Marvel for me.

Even though I abhor some of the unnecessary comedy in Ragnarok, I find it very difficult not to love. And I hate the entirety of the pre-title movie. I cannot stand those first few minutes.

17 hours ago, Logan510 said:

We also hated Homecoming. It's just not for me. I liked Michael Keaton in his villain role and would have liked to have seen more of him, but otherwise this movie wasn't for me. I didn't even feel like Spider-man. Iron Man Jr, sure. Spidey, no.

Ragnarok, though, I loved. I love the colors. It's lovely to look at. The humor is fun. Ragnarok may be in my Top 5 Marvel flicks, if not top 3.

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

We also hated Homecoming. It's just not for me. I liked Michael Keaton in his villain role and would have liked to have seen more of him, but otherwise this movie wasn't for me. I didn't even feel like Spider-man. Iron Man Jr, sure. Spidey, no.

Ragnarok, though, I loved. I love the colors. It's lovely to look at. The humor is fun. Ragnarok may be in my Top 5 Marvel flicks, if not top 3.

Loved Keaton in the role and I think Holland is a great choice taking over Spider-Man. I was hesitant as first about Tomei but I’m good with it now. That said, I didn’t like Homecoming. Didn’t hate it but it was forgettable. As far as Ragnarok, just like another poster mentioned, I hated the opening sequence before the main title appears and then after that, the movie climbs to #5 or 6 on my list of Marvel favorites.

17 hours ago, Oddball said:

Loved Keaton in the role and I think Holland is a great choice taking over Spider-Man. I was hesitant as first about Tomei but I’m good with it now. That said, I didn’t like Homecoming. Didn’t hate it but it was forgettable. As far as Ragnarok, just like another poster mentioned, I hated the opening sequence before the main title appears and then after that, the movie climbs to #5 or 6 on my list of Marvel favorites.

Some might think it's too much schtick, but Jeff Goldblum's performance is what sealed it in the top 5 for me.

I'm giving it another chance.  It's a discounted rental on Amazon Prime for $3.99 right now.  So far I think it's worse the second time :roflmao:.  Brie Larson was flat out a bad casting choice. Ben Mendelsohn has been overused in movies lately (Star Wars, Ready Player One and now this) .SLJ is pretty good in it though.