• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

The announcement is supposed to come out soon from Marvel. So who is it?

Schedules are starting to fill up for 2017-2018.

tumblr_o6l4qsronI1qa7vi3o2_1280.png

tumblr_o6l4qsronI1qa7vi3o4_1280.png

tumblr_o6l4qsronI1qa7vi3o1_1280.png

RUMOR: Has CAPTAIN MARVEL Found A Director In Indie Filmmaker Emily Carmichael?

A few weeks ago, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider dropped a few interesting hints about the director (or one of 'em, anyway) he's heard is being lined up to helm the Captain Marvel movie, and the actress being eyed for the Carol Danvers role. According to him, the star is someone we've heard rumored in the past, and the director shares the same first name.

There have been several actresses linked to this character, but as far as we know, only Emily Blunt has ever been mentioned by anything even close to a reliable source, so we put our speculation hats on.

One of the directors we came up with was indie filmmaker and animator Emily Carmichael, who wrote, directed, and animated the Penny Arcade web series and has also written and directed several live-action short films that have screened in competition at Sundance, Tribeca, SXSW, and Slamdance. Then today, we were given a heads up that Captain Marvel screenwriter Nicole Perlman had followed Carmichael on Twitter.

9arnFx1.jpg

The original caption accompanying this image stated "on my way to a Disney meeting", before being changed. Again, far from irrefutable evidence that Carmichael is going to direct Captain Marvel, but definitely something worth keeping an eye on.

:o

Emily Blunt??

I feel like Emily Blunt is an underrated actress IMO.

I don't think she's box office poison,I just think she hasn't found the right role.

She and Charlize Theron are my picks for Captain Marvel,but I heard that Brie Larson is also being considered for the role.

WHITE GIRL's ELIZABETH WOOD RUMORED TO BE IN TALKS TO DIRECT CAPTAIN MARVEL

We should know who will be directing CAPTAIN MARVEL in the next month or so, but until then we'll have to make do with rumors and speculations.

The latest one comes from We Got This Covered, who is claiming that indie filmmaker Elizabeth Wood (WHITE GIRL) had a private meeting with Marvel representatives last week about possibly directing the studio's first female-led superhero movie. According to the site, it's believed that the meeting was set up by Wood's husband/producer Gabriel Nussbaum, who has worked with Wood on all of her professional projects.

captain-marvel-banner-5-16.jpg

Why can't they start with the male version and bring the female version along in a different phase? You gotta have Mar-vell with Adam Warlock and Thanos.

Probably because there aren't a hell of a lot of female superheroes to work with that have the potential star power Captain Marvel does - besides, they're working specifically with Carol Danvers, not some made up "female version" of the character. I imagine she'll wind up essentially playing the Ms. Marvel role, but Ms. Marvel might not translate as well as "Captain"

Why can't they start with the male version and bring the female version along in a different phase? You gotta have Mar-vell with Adam Warlock and Thanos.

Probably because there aren't a hell of a lot of female superheroes to work with that have the potential star power Captain Marvel does - besides, they're working specifically with Carol Danvers, not some made up "female version" of the character. I imagine she'll wind up essentially playing the Ms. Marvel role, but Ms. Marvel might not translate as well as "Captain"

Is it a given it`s Carol Danvers? It could be Kamala Khan.

KamalaKhan.jpg

From a business perspective if I am Marvel I pick Khan over Danvers.

I would too, but Feige made it clear at the announcement that it's Carol Danvers.

Hope they get a good actress, but I imagine they will given that actors like William Hurt, Alfre Woodard, and Marisa Tomei are willing to take on secondary roles in these movies. What an embarrassment of riches they have in the casting arena.

Dan

Is it a given it`s Carol Danvers? It could be Kamala Khan.

KamalaKhan.jpg

From a business perspective if I am Marvel I pick Khan over Danvers.

given her back story (and i had to look her up) wouldn't she be better suited for Agents of Shield?

I would think they have Carol Danvers(captain marvel) slated for this being she is a heavy hitter, but I could see Ms Marvel turn up for their next wave after infinity war. After seeing Emily blunt in the edge of tomorrow my vote is for her. She could carry a stand alone movie no problem.