• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel: Chris Evans Hopes Brie Larson Lands the Role

During a panel at Wizard World in Philadelphia, reported on by ComicBook.com, Evans was asked what he thought of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. Evans responded with enthusiasm:

“I just heard about that. I really hope that happens! I love Brie Larson. We did a movie together back in ’09, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.”

I forgot they starred together in Scott Pilgrim.

Lots to do!

What a great movie!

Brie Larson it is!

:facepalm:

I agree.

I love Brie.

But after Room, this is a bad career move going foward.

I could see Brie doing this after Jump Street or Trainwreck.

But, she was a force to be reckoned with in Room and could get meatier roles now, instead of jumping in on a franchise.

#teamwinnick

Hopefully in the future we see Katheryn Winnick in a major role.

#teamwinnick

Lagertha would've been a much better choice.

We should start an online petition. The last one was very successful... ;)

Anyone else find it dumb that the CNN article covering this had the title of "SHAZAM!" when announcing Brie Larson getting the starring role? SHAZAM is of course tied to DC's Captain Marvel.

Seems like some reporter just did a quick google search and ran with it.

Anyone else find it dumb that the CNN article covering this had the title of "SHAZAM!" when announcing Brie Larson getting the starring role? SHAZAM is of course tied to DC's Captain Marvel.

DC's Captain Marvel is the original Captain Marvel. Maybe it was a form of protest ;)

DC's Captain Marvel is the original Captain Marvel. Maybe it was a form of protest ;)

It's fine given that the two characters are so famously tied together after Marvel filed the trademark on the name after DC let it lapse after first suing Fawcett for Captain Marvel being so similar to Superman and then later acquiring Fawcett's characters. The only reason they ever named him Shazam is because DC forgot to re-file the trademark during the post-lawsuit period when they weren't using the character.

No clue who Brie Larson is, but as long as there is a movie to pump up the prices on the MSH #13s and Ms. Marvel #1s/Captain Marvel #1s I have it will all be fine. lol