• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel's Brie Larson Reveals What Excites Her About The Character

Brie spoke with Space Channel recently and told the site she’s excited to see Captain Marvel become a symbol for young girls everywhere.

“You know, the thing that’s been most exciting is like on social media, I get sent a lot of pictures of young girls in the Captain Marvel costume. I’m excited to see more of that,” she explained.

The actress went on to say that Carol is a “great symbol” for girls everywhere and that she’s realizing what a deficit there’s been in popular female superheroes. “I’m realizing what a deficit we have that we don’t have more of those,” she said. “I think it’s really cool to see a girl in a Batman costume or Spiderman costume, but I’m really excited that there’s a symbol of women. I think that’s really important.”

Here ya go. All your questions: answered. (I noticed no one else had).

So do men no longer understand or know how to direct a woman in a movie?

No.

So how come Man of Steel was not directed by an alien

It was. You missed it.

or a Batman movie directed by a billionaire whose parents were murdered?

It was. You missed it.

CAPTAIN MARVEL Costume Description Should Please Fans Of The Character's More Recent Comic Book Look

150444.jpg

All of the reports indicate that Carol Danvers' outfit will be mostly faithful to the character's look in Kelly Sue DeConnick's 2012/13 comic run. Here's a more detailed breakdown of the three images that were showcased courtesy of Nerdist: 

"The first two featured Brie Larson in her costume, which appears to draw heavy inspiration from her classic comics suit. Though the design kept Captain Marvel’s signature eight-pointed star emblem square on the chest, its look and feel were more akin to Ant Man’s suit than Iron Man’s. Like a form-fitting armor, her suit is less spandex and more military grade, covering her whole body. Her iconic sash is more of a utility belt, favoring function over form. In the concept art she stands tall, staring off into the distance, looking hopeful but tough."

CAPTAIN MARVEL Will Have Ties To The Mysterious Quantum Realm First Introduced In ANT-MAN

151396.jpg

Quantum Physicist Dr. Spiros Michalakis has worked with the studio on a number of projects, and during an interview with Inverse he outlined the importance of The Quantum Realm in the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving forward. Obviously, this alternate dimension is going to play a huge role in the further adventures of Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, but Michalakis also reveals that it will give a “better understanding of Carol Danvers and her place in the MCU“:

“This is exciting for the future. There are different ways that some of these ideas appear on-screen in a few years. Not just for Ant-Man, but also for Captain Marvel and all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”

As vague as that is, it does confirm that the Quantum Realm will factor into Captain Marvel's story in some capacity.

Kevin Feige On How Wonder Woman's Success Helps Captain Marvel

wonder-woman-captain-marvel-1-997797-320

While there is healthy competition between Marvel and DC, the former still gives credit where it's due in regards to the latter's massive hit Wonder Woman. In fact, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige credits the film for helping break down some barriers for Marvel's own female-led superhero film, Captain Marvel.

Speaking to Mashable Feige said "What it does do is go, 'Oh, thank God, because what the question would have been on this junket before that is, 'Do you think people want to see a female superhero movie? Do you think audiences are ready to go see a big ... Are you nervous about Captain Marvel being a big, the first female hero?'

Wonder Woman's results have changed his old answer to those questions.

"And I would always say no because there hasn't been a good one in a long time," said Feige. "There were, you know, 15 years ago, a bunch of bad ones. Did they fail because they were female lead movies? No. They failed because they were not good movies. I don't have to say that anymore. Thanks to Wonder Woman. Because it just blows that fallacy out of the water."

:applause:

Samuel L. Jackson to appear as Nick Fury in Captain Marvel

nickfuryfbman1.jpg

We just got word that Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury will be joining the character cast of Marvel's CAPTAIN MARVEL!

If you recall, the last time we checked in with Fury, he was still pretty banged up in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, after being in a car accident, shot, and hospitalized during the events of CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER. Jackson is set to join directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck for Marvel's first female-led feature presentation starring Brie Larson as Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel.

8 hours ago, philsbackpack said:

So the MCU has got a Skrull infestation sometime in the 90's...while NicK Fury still has 20/20 vision.

8 hours ago, philsbackpack said:

So the MCU has got a Skrull infestation sometime in the 90's...while NicK Fury still has 20/20 vision.

:whatthe:

That is fantastic! Maybe this came from the TV rights partnership for Legion and The Gifted?

Captain Marvel Will Introduce The Skrulls to the MCU

captain-marvel-skrulls-marvel-cinematic-

The Marvel Sudios panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2017 was a major event - and during the panel coverage of Captain Marvel we got a major bomb drop piece of news that will rock the entire Marvel Cinematic Unvierse:

The Skrulls will be the villains of Captain Marvel, finally making their long-awaited debut in the MCU!

This is a massive development, as The Skrulls were long thought to be firmly in the hand of 20th Century Fox, as part of their Fantastic Four ownership. The fact the Skrulls (and Kree) are now part of the MCU opens all kinds of doors for where the franchise's story can go.

Now this would be really interesting if the MCU goes down this path. Especially with Tony Stark or Steve Rodgers.

Could Some of the MCU's Heroes Already Be Skrulls?

nsqLchV.jpg

Skrulls are finally making their debut in the MCU as the villains of Captain Marvel. This reveal, long considered improbable due to Skrulls being owned by 20th Century Fox, opens up a lot of doors for the MCU especially since Captain Marvel will be set in the '90s. That means Skrulls were already a part of the MCU when we first met Tony Stark in 2008's Iron Man and has an even larger implication: the MCU might be heading towards a Secret Invasion storyline and some of the heroes we know and love might actually be Skrulls.

In the Secret Invasion storyline, the alien Skrulls infiltrated Earth over a number of years, kidnapping heroes and assuming their identities. The Skrulls use the assumed identities to take over the planet via access to advanced weapons, resources and governments as well as the destabilization of Earth's defenses and superheroic community.

Tony Stark / Iron Man: If MCU is trying to go a Secret Invasion route, the most likely candidate for truly being a Skrull is none other than Iron Man himself, Tony Stark. Stark is a perfect target. A billionaire who not only has access to but builds advanced weapons, has government connections and was seen hoarding alien tech in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Stark is a Skrull's ideal choice of hero to impersonate.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow: Another character high on the list of likely possible Skrulls is Black Widow. Like Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff would be a perfect target but what makes Widow a good mark is her involvement with S.H.I.E.L.D. As we already know that the Skrulls will battle with Captain Marvel and S.H.I.E.L.D in Captain Marvel, the invaders would have interest in taking over a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye: Hawkeye might not be as likely a mark for Skrulls as Tony Stark and Black Widow, but in addition to his excellent sharp shooting skills, Clint Barton is also a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. Both of those things make him a good choice for Skrull impersonation, but what could really sell the idea is that, despite being introduced to Barton's family during Avengers: Age of Ultron, very little is known about Clint Barton.

Tony Stark - since the events following Iron Man III, where he was wanting to move on. But then came back.

:wishluck:

Edited by Bosco685