CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
4 4

340 posts in this topic

44,278 posts

Looks good but I'd still rather see a Starlin original male Capt Marvel with his *cosmic awareness*.  Hope that doesnt trigger anyone.

Edited by kav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,423 posts
On 12/5/2018 at 2:38 AM, kav said:

Looks good but I'd still rather see a Starlin original male Capt Marvel with his *cosmic awareness*.  Hope that doesnt trigger anyone.

Cosmic awareness and Starlin always trigger me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,777 posts

Bump for the new origin of female Capt Marvel trailer. Flashback to fighter jet reminds me of Star Sapphire's jet from Green Lantern movie. Looks like quite a lot of outer space CGI on the helmeted Capt Marvel.

Marvel could expand the Kree-Skrull war plot over 3 interlinked movies including the 2nd (or is that 3rd if you include the Roger Corman low budget 1st film) rebooted FF movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,886 posts

This movie is going to be good! I'm stoked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76,076 posts

I liked the teaser trailer with the Blockbuster Video scene. That soundtrack added to the intensity of the story.

The last two trailers, not so much. But I have high hopes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,010 posts

NO WAY I'm missing watching Captain Marvel.  I'll find a way to watch this even if I'm dead.  I can't wait till this movie comes out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,416 posts

Yeah, I'm psyched too, not only because I think Brie Larson is going to be a fine addition to the MCU, but that most of the great humor and action will be in the film rather than the trailers.  I just hope the effects hold up -- so far I'd rate them a 'B'.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,798 posts
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:38 AM, kav said:

Looks good but I'd still rather see a Starlin original male Capt Marvel with his *cosmic awareness*.  Hope that doesnt trigger anyone.

That would be great to see and maybe down the road when the Marvel Universe is larger it might play in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
991 posts

I wish I was more excited about this...I hope I'm pleasantly surprised when it comes out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,370 posts

All excitement is invested in Endgame. I'm sure I'll enjoy this the couple of times that I have tickets for it, but until I'm in-theater, this one's on the back-burner in my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693 posts

Not excited for this movie yet.  CGI looks really cartoony. Plus, Brie Larson seems really miscast.  I am also having a problem getting past her voice.  I do not remember her sounding like this before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,370 posts
6 minutes ago, drotto said:

Not excited for this movie yet.  CGI looks really cartoony. Plus, Brie Larson seems really miscast.  I am also having a problem getting past her voice.  I do not remember her sounding like this before. 

Did you see 21 Jump Street? She sounds the same to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693 posts
3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Did you see 21 Jump Street? She sounds the same to me.

I did, but I guess she left no impression on me.  I did see Room, and despite the fact she won an Oscar for that roll, I did not like that film.  I felt it was overrated and perposterus,  and she was dull there also.  I do not get the hype around her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,370 posts
Just now, drotto said:

I did, but I guess she left no impression on me.  I did see Room, and despite the fact she won an Oscar for that roll, I did not like that film.  I felt it was overrated and perposterus,  and she was dull there also.  I do not get the hype around her.

Don't you understand? It's because she's a her! You gotta be PC!

I'm not 'hyped' because it's Brie Larson. I'm hyped just because it's Marvel Studios. With Jude Law, Samuel L. Jackson, etc as a supporting cast there's much more to this than just the title character's actor/actress. Her taking over as the face of the MCU beginning in Phase 4, her importance to Endgame, etc...

Marvel Studios is moving in a direction to where they're casting more 'unknown' people to play heroes and they're more interested in A-list celebrities portraying villains. I haven't seen much of Brie so that fits the bill here to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693 posts
19 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Don't you understand? It's because she's a her! You gotta be PC!

I'm not 'hyped' because it's Brie Larson. I'm hyped just because it's Marvel Studios. With Jude Law, Samuel L. Jackson, etc as a supporting cast there's much more to this than just the title character's actor/actress. Her taking over as the face of the MCU beginning in Phase 4, her importance to Endgame, etc...

Marvel Studios is moving in a direction to where they're casting more 'unknown' people to play heroes and they're more interested in A-list celebrities portraying villains. I haven't seen much of Brie so that fits the bill here to me.

I will chualk this up to more personal taste than anything else. There have been plenty of actors in the past I do not particularly care for. I feel like Marvel has been fantastic in its casting so far, and I am a big MCU fan. This just feels like a miss to me.  I do not think she falls into the unknown or lesser know catagory, she won an Oscar and when they cast her 2 years ago it was seen a a massive coup, because of that. She is very well known. 

 

So when they cast some I have not liked in the past, it makes it hard to get excited when that person is now reportedly going to be the new face of a movie franchise I love. For me I have yet to see anything to change my mind.  I will see the movie however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,370 posts
1 minute ago, drotto said:

I will chualk this up to more personal taste than anything else. There have been plenty of actors in the past I do not particularly care for. I feel like Marvel has been fantastic in its casting so far, and I am a big MCU fan. This just feels like a miss to me.  I do not think she falls into the unknown or lesser know catagory, she won an Oscar and when they cast her 2 years ago it was seen a a massive coup, because of that. She is very well known. 

 

So when they cast some I have not liked in the past, it makes it hard to get excited when that person is now reportedly going to be the new face of a movie franchise I love. For me I have yet to see anything to change my mind.  I will see the movie however.

You're such an insensitive misogynistic potato.

Spoiler

:jokealert:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693 posts
9 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You're such an insensitive misogynistic potato.

  Hide contents

:jokealert:

 

No problem.  My digital sarcasm indicator is not working well today.

 

Plus, it feels like people are getting really touchy about this movie. ( I like to state the obvious.)

 

😎

Edited by drotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,370 posts
3 minutes ago, drotto said:

No problem.  My digital sarcasm indicator is not working well today.

 

Plus, it feels like people are getting really touchy about this movie. ( I like to state the obvious.)

 

😎

I completely understand your outlook, FYI. Her character in the trailers hasn't made me feel like she's a very compelling character. Her character isn't turning me off to the movie, though. I think it's intentional, though. I think she's acting stiff for a reason, and I think that at some point in the movie this is going to change immensely (as an underlying important character arc). If I'm wrong, then her character will just be a piece of cardboard that fails to replace Iron Man as the face of the MCU.

Do you plan on seeing this in theaters? Most people probably are, despite the casting, because of how important she'll be to Endgame. So maybe a rhetorical question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4