CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,589 posts in this topic

26,207 posts

I'd not call it mind blowing but it did it's job - I'm interested to see what comes next.

Edited by 1Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,716 posts

Couldn't tell much.  I'm unfamiliar with the character aside the fact that she lost her Ms. Marvel powers to Rogue and eventually turned into Binary, but the only stories with her I've read are the Binary appearances in X-Men.  The trailer seemed basic and didn't do much to make me interested in her.  That doesn't mean anything about how good the film is or how much I'll like it, but if the job of a trailer is to reel you in, it didn't do that.  I'm still generally looking forward to it and I'm hoping the reviews are good enough to make me want to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,482 posts
1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Couldn't tell much.  I'm unfamiliar with the character aside the fact that she lost her Ms. Marvel powers to Rogue and eventually turned into Binary, but the only stories with her I've read are the Binary appearances in X-Men.  The trailer seemed basic and didn't do much to make me interested in her.  That doesn't mean anything about how good the film is or how much I'll like it, but if the job of a trailer is to reel you in, it didn't do that.  I'm still generally looking forward to it and I'm hoping the reviews are good enough to make me want to go.

My best friend texted me kinda the same reaction. "Other than it looking like an origin story, I don't understand the conflict, and Idk what to think." To be fair, Marvel Studios doesn't share much story-wise in the 6-month out trailer. Mostly a "feel" for the type of film it will be.

Ronan the Accuser and the Skrulls are supposed to be the villains in this one. Despite Ronan being a Kree, as established in Guardians of the Galaxy, he's a fanatic that his species does not support. The Kree Empire is at war with the Skrulls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,716 posts

The Skrulls I'm far more familiar with from Fantastic Four.  Some super-cool Skrull morphing scene would have definitely reeled me in, but maybe they're just not done with the CGI for that yet.  (shrug)  I've never had much opinion of the Kree, they've always seemed like generic humanoid aliens to me, I've never seen enough from them to like them in any way.  I'm always unimpressed with alien species that are highly humanoid like the Kree...the entire idea of that flies so hard in the face of the reality of evolution.  :eek:

Edited by fantastic_four

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,482 posts
3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The Skrulls I'm far more familiar with from Fantastic Four.  Some super-cool Skrull morphing scene would have definitely reeled me in, but maybe they're just not done with the CGI for that yet.  (shrug)  I've never had much opinion of the Kree, they've always seemed like generic humanoid aliens to me, I've never seen enough from them to like them in any way.  I'm always unimpressed with alien species that are highly humanoid like the Kree...the entire idea of that flies so hard in the face of the reality of evolution.  :eek:

Aside from being 6 months out and possibly not done with their CGI, I think the Skrulls reveal in-movie will blow more than a few people away. Obviously, us comic readers know what they can do, but to the general public who may only watch the movies it will be a huge reveal. I suspect that they will reveal Ronan in the next trailer and keep away from the Skrulls. I could be wrong, but Marvel does a good job of misdirection in their trailers over the past couple of years. I think Ronan will be a small and quick interaction early-on, possibly him defeating her is what sends her crash-landing back on Earth. I think they'll use that/him as a facade for the true villain/conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260 posts

Blockbuster movie rental!  Punching old women!  This movie will make $10 billion dollars!!!

 

Great first trailer.  Didn't give away too much and enough teases to keep me waiting for the next one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,432 posts
2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Yep, that trailer is f^&*ing $$$$$.

Is it? Oh. I thought it was Captain Marvel.

I tell you, I won't be going to see f^&*ing $$$$$ then based on that. It looks a complete load of Captain Marvel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,482 posts
1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Is it? Oh. I thought it was Captain Marvel.

I tell you, I won't be going to see f^&*ing $$$$$ then based on that. It looks a complete load of Captain Marvel.  

Do you get your jokes from Michael (the guy that works 2 desks behind me)?

I only ask because he also laughs at himself despite the crickets everywhere else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,432 posts
1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Do you get your jokes from Michael (the guy that works 2 desks behind me)?

I only ask because he also laughs at himself despite the crickets everywhere else...

:sorry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,482 posts
2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:sorry:

What a Frk'n emoji. I actually feel bad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,716 posts
1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:
4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:sorry:

What a Frk'n emoji. I actually feel bad...

That's just your conscience telling you that you were being a Richard, which you were.  But he makes Richard comments like that to others, too, so it just looked like karma to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,432 posts
1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:
5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:sorry:

What a Frk'n emoji. I actually feel bad...

That's just your conscience telling you that you were being a Richard, which you were.  But he makes Richard comments like that to others, too, so it just looked like karma to me

Indeed. God damn the man that tries, successfully or otherwise, to make people laugh. God damn him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,482 posts
22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That's just your conscience telling you that you were being a Richard, which you were.  But he makes Richard comments like that to others, too, so it just looked like karma to me.

I have a conscience..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,432 posts
24 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Oh goodness gracious...a "HER"-o!  Watch out patriarchy!

God damn men and their menly ways. God damn them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
865 posts
4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Some super-cool Skrull morphing scene would have definitely reeled me in

Looks like they decided instead to go with the shock value of having the hero throw a haymaker at a little old lady on a train, so that fans in the know can pat themselves on the back for realizing that must be a Skrull.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5