• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Is the Captain Marvel clip a teaser or a trailer?  Marvel explicitly described it as the "official trailer," but people here in the thread cutting it slack are doing it citing it as a teaser.  As far as I can tell it isn't a teaser, it's the trailer.

I haven't paid much attention to how Marvel releases these until just this moment.  Do they skip using the term "teaser" these days?  Do they always release more than one thing they refer to as a trailer?

It's Official Trailer #1. Trailer #1, for whatever reason, is always called a "Teaser Trailer". To me, that doesn't make sense. IMO a "Teaser Trailer" is what Marvel put out during the Super Bowl for Avengers: Infinity War (30 seconds).

Edit: By definition, a "teaser trailer" is close to a minute, and has very few visuals with vague dialogue. This does a lot more than that. It doesn't explain much, but Marvel's 1st trailers never explain much.

Edited by TwoPiece

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

It's Official Trailer #1. Trailer #1, for whatever reason, is always called a "Teaser Trailer". To me, that doesn't make sense. IMO a "Teaser Trailer" is what Marvel put out during the Super Bowl for Avengers: Infinity War (30 seconds).

I'm used to teasers being about 30 seconds like you say, but that Man of Steel example is a minute and a half, so the definition of a "teaser" seems extremely fluid.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I'm used to teasers being about 30 seconds like you say, but that Man of Steel example is a minute and a half, so the definition of a "teaser" seems extremely fluid.

Almost every comic book film/TV trailer released at comic conventions is a "teaser". Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Black Panther, Infinity War, etc. They were all visually limited, with vague dialogue exposition. The first Age of Ultron trailer is considered a "teaser", despite being longer than 2 minutes.

This Captain Marvel trailer is filled with visuals and a lot of in-scene dialogue. Definitely an Official Trailer.

11 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I know they cram a lot into these movies but how could the main thrust of Avengers 4 be the Skrulls?  Don't they need to spend the whole movie beating Thanos, and then maybe have the Skrulls reveal themselves at the end to set up Avengers 5 or something?

OK, Avengers 5

14 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:
18 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

Would have been so awesome to have Agent Coulson as an under-cover Skrull who was killed in the Avengers...then a flash forward to continue that death scene in the Avengers showing Coulson morphing back in to a Skrull after he dies...leading in to Avengers 4: Secret Invasion. 

I know they cram a lot into these movies but how could the main thrust of Avengers 4 be the Skrulls?  Don't they need to spend the whole movie beating Thanos, and then maybe have the Skrulls reveal themselves at the end to set up Avengers 5 or something?

They could have Thanos really being a skrull in disguise and deal with both at the same time? 

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

They could have Thanos really being a skrull in disguise and deal with both at the same time? 

I thought Thanos was a skrull for years due to his race and skrulls both having those lines in their chins.  :blush:

Trailer was just ok.  I am inclined to see the movie regardless, so this trailer has very little bearing on me.  I do not think it has much impact however.

I did not like Bree Larson's voice in the trailer.   Really lacked any sense of authority, and she seemed very flat to me.  

8 hours ago, Oddball said:

Now regardless of whether you loved or hated Man of Steel, this is how you do a teaser.  Just look up the reactions here on the boards upon first viewing of this.

This was one of the greatest teasers of all time.  I am a dyed-in-the-wool "Make Mine Marvel" guy and this gives me chills up and down my spine.

In context, it's even more powerful because I have to imagine Superman fans were ready for a reboot after watching that awful movie where Superman has to watch Lois' happily married life from outside her window like a creepy stalker, then gets his @$$ handed to him by Lex Luthor in one of the most degrading, gratuitous, and pointless humiliation scenes any superhero has ever been made to suffer.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 9/20/2018 at 9:03 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Looks very bland. I still don’t get the love for Larson. I’m happy for the movie, I plan to make money off of it but this was lame 

I'm with you.

Which is a shame, because I _love_ Brie Larson for her take as "the au pair" on The League.