• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm giving it another chance.  It's a discounted rental on Amazon Prime for $3.99 right now.  So far I think it's worse the second time :roflmao:.  Brie Larson was flat out a bad casting choice. Ben Mendelsohn has been overused in movies lately (Star Wars, Ready Player One and now this) .SLJ is pretty good in it though. 

So you interrupted your movie to let the world know that Carol Danvers is blowing her second chance with you? Something tells me you’re not really committed to this relationship...

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

So you interrupted your movie to let the world know that Carol Danvers is blowing her second chance with you? Something tells me you’re not really committed to this relationship...

So true LOL! I rented because nothing else is on TV.  It's playing in the background for all intensive purpose.

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

What's it at now? $300 million+ better than Wonder Woman?

Not too shabby...

About right. Though then when you look at the movie-goer ratings, the differences are substantial on Metacritic - stronger on IMDb.

CM_VS_WW01.thumb.PNG.7117772e8b653876c313bdbe2db36ee7.PNG

Being part of that massive franchise really paid off financially for Captain Marvel, though.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Chuck Gower said:

The phrase is "for all intents and purposes". 

As in something that is intended - you intended to have it playing in the background. 

Thanks mom, for divulging for superior intellect to the chat boards. I now know the term egghorn :roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 6/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, Xenosmilus said:

So true LOL! I rented because nothing else is on TV.  It's playing in the background for all intensive purpose.

So, it's playing in the background for reasons that may include bodily harm that is life threatening?

11 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:
On 6/21/2019 at 6:46 PM, Chuck Gower said:

The phrase is "for all intents and purposes". 

As in something that is intended - you intended to have it playing in the background. 

Thanks mom, for divulging for superior intellect to the chat boards. I now know the term egghorn :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

I guess I did LOL. It's just a chat board, don't you guys have anything better to do than be the grammar police:baiting:.

Reveal hidden contents

They're trying to help you.

25 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

They're trying to help you.

LOL, I know right?

I've never thought the most embarrassing thing was to be corrected - If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - I've always thought the most embarrassing thing would be to carry on saying something that was clearly incorrect. 

It's not even really a grammar thing. It's more of a Emily Litella thing.

image.png

Edited by Chuck Gower