• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

You're telling me that you can't enjoy re-watching Iron Man, Thor, The Avengers, The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Doctor Strange, Ragnarok, etc etc etc..?

There are so many re-watchable MCU films.

I liked the 1st trailer more, but part of that is the music, and another part is the the Avengers 4 trailer drops tomorrow...

I think that Brie Larson was a fine casting choice. I think this trailer is just informing the uninformed about Skrulls, Kree, how she's a human made super, that Fury is heavily-involved, etc.

It's a good trailer, but, the Avengers 4 trailer is dropping tomorrow... Captain Marvel will have my full attention when I see it in theaters, but when that A4 trailer is dropping within 2 days of this one, 95% of my attention and interest is going to be vested in that...

9 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

Well... it'd be cool to see a cut scene at the end with an appearance of the Super Skrull!

I disagree.  It's a trailer.  Putting the Super Skrull (if he's in the movie) would be too much spoiler.  I'd like to experience his first appearance in the theater.  Just imagine all the :whatthe: when he pops up.

29 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I disagree.  It's a trailer.  Putting the Super Skrull (if he's in the movie) would be too much spoiler.  I'd like to experience his first appearance in the theater.  Just imagine all the :whatthe: when he pops up.

Your non-spoilery spoiler ponderings feel vaguely spoilery.  hm

10 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

Well... it'd be cool to see a cut scene at the end with an appearance of the Super Skrull!

There is one scene towards the end of the trailer where it looks like there is a flaming hand/extreme light source from a hand. (lots of the scenes are bang-bang so you can't tell if it's from a Skrull or not)  . :) He may already be in it. 

45 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I would not like it personally if they did put him in THIS movie. I think it's only a matter of time before he does appear, but we need to meet the FF first. It will be interesting to see how Marvel handles re-introducing them. If not for Fox having the rights I think we would have seen the Skrulls from the get-go instead of them being introduced in the Kree-Skrull war. 

2 hours ago, fett said:

I would not like it personally if they did put him in THIS movie. I think it's only a matter of time before he does appear, but we need to meet the FF first. It will be interesting to see how Marvel handles re-introducing them. If not for Fox having the rights I think we would have seen the Skrulls from the get-go instead of them being introduced in the Kree-Skrull war. 

Agreed that if the Super-Skrull is written for the movies like he is in the comics, it makes no sense for him to even exist without the FF.  After all, he was specifically engineered by the Skrulls to mimic their four power sets.

3 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No, no, I mean at the end of the movie!

7 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Like i said,  crazy. -1.  I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about.  Mcu and box office are GOD. HERESY!!

No, there are plenty of good movies without much box office and plenty of lame movies with huge box office (Transformers).

But Marvel continues to release movies and those movies continue to do well - meaning that people a) do not have 'superhero movie fatigue' and b) that Marvel must be doing something right. If the movies sucked, people wouldn't turn out for them.

I mean, previous to the mcu in movies, the idea that you could do a sequel in Hollywood that did MORE money than the original was almost UNHEARD of. Now, Marvel has proven you CAN. Consistently. The 20th movie in the saga is one of the highest grossing films of all time!

You don't have to like it - everyone is entitled to their own opinion - but it's hard to argue it's success when people keep showing up for more.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Agreed that if the Super-Skrull is written for the movies like he is in the comics, it makes no sense for him to even exist without the FF.  After all, he was specifically engineered by the Skrulls to mimic their four power sets.

Actually that would be a nice reverse intro to the FF if they could pull it off. Why was this specific Skrull designed with those 4 powers? :) Who was he designed to combat? Someone the Skrulls hate worse than the Kree? Maybe we could get a retro early 60s movie explaining where the FF has been all this time. The fanboy in me is liking this. :whee:

Edited by fett

I liked this trailer a bit more than the first one -- give it a grade of 'B'.  The look of the costume and her powers seems sharp, and I like the line about ending the war rather than fighting it...looks badass enough for me!

Really wanted to see more Coulson humor, though -- the cat thing at the end didn't do anything for me...

Will certainly see in the theater opening weekend.

D

Did you guys catch in the new trailer the other "Captain Marvel"?  When she was having the flashback to flying the fighter jets and she waves to the other pilot.  The name on the other pilots plane is Monica "Photon" Rambeau.  Otherwise known as Captain Marvel when she first joined the Avengers in the comics.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

They are showing that cat way too much to not have some involvement.

Is it Talos or the Super skrull? I agree with the point that would have to introduce the FF first before we see the Super Skrull.

It's like the men in black cat with the universe on it's collar.

6 hours ago, fett said:

Actually that would be a nice reverse intro to the FF if they could pull it off. Why was this specific Skrull designed with those 4 powers? :) Who was he designed to combat? Someone the Skrulls hate worse than the Kree? Maybe we could get a retro early 60s movie explaining where the FF has been all this time. The fanboy in me is liking this. :whee:

Honestly if they did a 1960s FF movie, where Reed and Ben are WWII vets and contemporaries of Captain America, that might be the best idea I've heard in a long long time.  It would be ridiculously good.

Hey they developed a long term mega-billion super duper conglomerate movie story arc that on purpose included making an Antman movie.. ANYTHING is possible. :)