• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Spoiler Free

Just got back... -  the movie exceeded expectations.

Those of us 35-45 howled with laughter at the Stan Lee cameo.  The youngin's aren't going to 'get it'

Stan Lee tribute in the end had everyone clapping. 

Movie plods along a bit slowly at first but there are enough twists to keep it interesting.  I hope some characters return at some point.  End credits scene directly leads into endgame as expected. 

It was not as good as Marvels most recent outings of Black Panther, Infinity War and Homecoming.  However, it IS a good movie.  Don't forget that just because it is not better than the last installment of the franchise does not make it a bad movie.  As I stated to someone on the almighty Facebook, it was quite enjoyable. 

Concur with everything stated.

1 hour ago, Bill C said:

there's already a copy online. that was fast.

Wow this is just horrible. Let’s just take the food from the mouths of all those people who sacrifice so much for our entertainment.

Is it a camcorder copy or DVD?

8 hours ago, meshuggah said:

Just saw it.  Spoiler free basic review.  It was a good origin and I give it 3.5 stars overall.  Definitely not Guardians 1 or Avengers 1or 3.  But its definitely not the worst MCU movie either.  I thought Brie Larson was good in the role.  Not an oscar performance but that doesn't matter to me.  Jude Law was great as Yon Rogg.  There's a nice tribute to Stan at the beginning during the Marvel Studios logo which everyone clapped for at my viewing. 

Wait, is that 3.5 out of 4, or 3.5 out of 5?

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Goes to show how far Disney has come with the MCU.

It can also demonstrate how formulaic fan reaction is as well. A number of fans have been posting how this is the greatest MCU yet, and especially due to it being female-led.

Civil War greatest superhero movie ever

Black Panther greatest superhero movie ever

Infinity War greatest superhero movie ever

It really is okay to categorize these as 'solid comic book productions' rather than everything having to be $1B or 'greatest ever'. Unfortunately, with these cross-studio flare-ups from excessive fans their assumption is someone must be the best.

As I like most of Marvel's cosmic- and science-fiction storylines and characters, I'm hoping to be able to appreciate this one more than has already been suggested by the online reviews elsewhere.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I loved Captain Marvel, and not saying that just because I'm a fan and am heavily invested in CGC graded copies of her comics and some original art. The packed theater applauded. The six people I brought with me, kids and adults, loved it. My nephew now prefers Captain Marvel over Spider-Man, he said. And Skrulls rock.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I loved Captain Marvel, and not saying that just because I'm a fan and am heavily invested in CGC graded copies of her comics and some original art. The packed theater applauded. The six people I brought with me, kids and adults, loved it. My nephew now prefers Captain Marvel over Spider-Man, he said. And Skrulls rock.

From the various reviews it sounds like as a 'villain' the Skrulls really went over strongly. That is so cool after all these decades of these characters being in TV and film limbo. I wonder if this can later on lead to the Super Skrull?

super_skrull01.jpg.dd875f51e56bc687a9fc01c8009118ce.jpg