• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Yeah. I was at the SDCC Marvel panel this year and they covered before, during and after the panel the rights issues and all those wonderfully (wrong!) internet rumors when they discussed the Captain Marvel movie using the Skrulls.

Yup. Even Marvel Executives have gotten tripped up assuming they outright own the rights to characters (Quesada assuming Hulk and Namor are completely removed from Universal), and then finding out later such is not the case.

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Yup. Even Marvel Executives have gotten tripped up assuming they outright own the rights to characters (Quesada assuming Hulk and Namor are completely removed from Universal), and then finding out later such is not the case.

Hulk I believe was rumored to be a problem doing a stand alone movie because that would require payment to Universal. Not sure if that’s fact or another rumor though. The fact Marvel did make the second Hulk movie makes me wonder how much there is to that. I kind of think they just don’t feel the need right now based on previous returns.

Sub-Mariner was stated to be back with Marvel and no one else could make a Sub-Mariner movie but they have said for Marvel to move forward now would be complicated. So there’s still some issues there but Marvel controls his movie fate not another studio.

11 hours ago, N e r V said:

Hulk I believe was rumored to be a problem doing a stand alone movie because that would require payment to Universal. Not sure if that’s fact or another rumor though. The fact Marvel did make the second Hulk movie makes me wonder how much there is to that. I kind of think they just don’t feel the need right now based on previous returns.

Sub-Mariner was stated to be back with Marvel and no one else could make a Sub-Mariner movie but they have said for Marvel to move forward now would be complicated. So there’s still some issues there but Marvel controls his movie fate not another studio.

and there is the Ultraverse characters Marvel owns. Plenty of good ones, but the contracts are making it very difficult for Marvel to anything with them.

uv_origins_cover.jpg

UV_Year_One_Cover.jpglatest?cb=20080807001832

12 hours ago, N e r V said:

Part of the 'fun' in maintaining that Marvel movie rights thread is noting the disagreements on who owns what even within the same company. Feige calling out Namor and Hulk are not as straightforward as people believe, and then Quesada (not the movie guy) making his own determination they are 100% owned. But with Hulk, Feige and Mark Ruffalo confirmed even this year it is the Universal distribution rights for Hulk holding up another stand-alone movie leading to the Planet Hulk-influenced Thor 3.

I would have loved to have attended the panel you were at to hear Marvel try and explain it all. Even when Feige was planning Phase One of the MCU, at one point he thought they had the rights to Cable and had a -script in the works for a solo film. Then in 2009 he found out Fox had the rights. It has to be tricky with the more obscure characters even more than the prime players.

I think it comes down to some of it is strictly business aspects that Marvel doesn’t feel the need to comment on unless they have to or it finally comes up based on what they are doing. Why didn’t they clear up the whole rumor issue on why the Skrulls weren’t used in the Avengers back in 2012 long ago? Probably for the same reason they don’t comment on the mass amount of rumors of what Marvel can or can not do with rights or what character will or will not get a movie next, etc...

There are to many rumors to regularly address and they are only part of the large interest fans have of the movies which is good publicity. Rumors that aren’t damaging are good for business. Keep the fans talking/guessing even if they’re 100% wrong. lol 

I pretty much only listen to Kevin Feige comments these days because he actually is aware of what can or can not be done at Marvel and any comments made by directors, actors, etc... should be taken lightly. They have a little bit of information but not the full picture. 

He’s already commented on the one trade Marvel and Fox made (GOTG 2 and Deadpool), made it clear that the “war” between Marvel and Fox has gone down to a state of letting each do their own thing and that there wasn’t any plans of a Marvel/Fox crossover now he wouldn’t rule anything out in the future. 

He’s currently the only accurate source of information. Everyone else is usually guessing.

Edited by N e r V

I don't think there will be any issues going forward. Both Marvel/Disney and Fox will be united by the most powerful force in entertainment......................chasing the almighty dollar. lol

JUDE LAW In Talks To Play Marvel's CAPTAIN MARVEL... Wait, What?? - Report

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

Jude Law is in talks to join Brie Larson as the male lead in Captain Marvel, according to Variety.

Law would be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a.. Mar-Vell, the Kree warrior who was Carol Danvers' namesake and mentor as the original Captain Marvel. In comic books, Mar-Vell is Marvel Comics' original Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel is due out in theaters March 8, 2019.

On 8/24/2016 at 7:40 PM, Meeklo said:

Director short list revealed:

So there seems to be a pattern starting and I find it a little strange. It seems the directors are being chosen because of gender and/or ethnicity. Between this movie and Wonder Woman, the directors on the short lists have all been women. So do men no longer understand or know how to direct a woman in a movie? For Black Panther, the short list all consisted of black directors. So how come Man of Steel was not directed by an alien or a Batman movie directed by a billionaire whose parents were murdered?

So you are upset about two movies having female directors? 

Brie Larson Begins Prepping For CAPTAIN MARVEL By Paying A Visit To The Nellis Air Force Base

26156117_1952609875014290_74660213351650

Well, it looks like there's a new Captain in town as Brie Larson (Kong: Skull Island) has officially started prepping for her role as Carol Danvers in Marvel's Captain Marvel, which is due out in theaters March 6, 2019. 

The Academy Award-winner was spotted earlier today taking a tour of the Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada and meeting with soldiers while wearing a full flight suit, which has a name tag that reads "Brie Larson" and not "Carol Danvers," so you may want to pump the brakes just a bit as it doesn't appear as though she's filming anything just yet. As for when she will begin shooting, our friends over at Omega Underground have learned that principal photography is expected to begin on or around March 26.

Now, while we haven't exactly received any sort of official confirmation from the studio, it's been widely rumored that Larson will make her debut as Danvers in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War before receiving her solo feature in early 2019, followed by a more prominent role in the still-untitled Avengers 4, a sequel that she's reportedly already filmed scenes for.

She is so cute!

On 1/20/2018 at 2:24 AM, kimik said:

Saw her on TV this past weekend in Kong Skull Island. Not the most impressive acting, but it was likely due to the story more than anything.

I know she won an academy award for Room but to me the star was the child and her performance was ok. 

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 1/20/2018 at 2:24 AM, kimik said:

Saw her on TV this past weekend in Kong Skull Island. Not the most impressive acting, but it was likely due to the story more than anything.

Honest, not even joking...that movie made me upset.  Genuinely angry because of how terrible it was.  I missed it in theaters so I bought the DVD.  The worse re-make of King Kong ever.  Gave the DVD away...

- Nick Fury was playing another Sam Jackson role

- Captain Marvel was helpless (her good looks were the only positive thing I can say about the film)

- Loki was a poor male hero

- The tribal people were...I don't even have the words for it

***Done venting...now I'm angry again