• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Amazing it`s like mainstream is looking for a different kind of hero than what has been considered to be the big heroes in the comics world.

On this list we have Aquaman,Black Panther, and Captain Marvel, but no Fantastic Four or Superman.

Very interesting indeed.

hm

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Amazing it`s like mainstream is looking for a different kind of hero than what has been considered to be the big heroes in the comics world.

On this list we have Aquaman,Black Panther, and Captain Marvel, but no Fantastic Four or Superman.

Very interesting indeed.

hm

They're basically all hyped Phase 2-3 MCU films outside of the 3.

Man of Steel would be compared to something like Iron Man. A lot people didn't even know Man of Steel was going to be a Superman movie, because his name isn't in the title.

All this really tells us is that the MCU makes a lot of money at the BO for having a large universe and lots of moviegoers who follow the MCU. I wouldn't necessarily use it for them, or against any other properties...

Can anyone tell me if Skrulls are the Chitauri that were in Avengers?  They seem different but Skrulls are Chitauri, right?

also how did the tesseract get from Howard Stark to Mar-Vell?   

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Can anyone tell me if Skrulls are the Chitauri that were in Avengers?  They seem different but Skrulls are Chitauri, right?

My unofficial answer is that its like a Romulans/Vulcans thing.  Evolved from the same ancestor, but not really the same thing anymore, and hasn't been for hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of years.

I don't know if there's an official answer.  But I don't think they're the same thing.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

No. Skrulls are not Chituari.

The answer to your 2nd question doesn't exist. It's not because Mar-Vell is a female, but because it wasn't addressed in the movie...

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

No. Skrulls are not Chituari.

The answer to your 2nd question doesn't exist. It's not because Mar-Vell is a female, but because it wasn't addressed in the movie...

All Marvel canon is Skrulls are Chitauri tho.

11 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Give me 4 other recent examples.

Cant think of any off the top of my head I just remember in the past shaking my head and going another movie about terrorists being the good guys??  Maybe others can chime in.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Man of Steel would be compared to something like Iron Man. A lot people didn't even know Man of Steel was going to be a Superman movie, because his name isn't in the title.

Due respect, but the bolded statement is hogwash.

That's like saying folks don't know James Bond films are Bond films -- or that folks didn't know there were two other Nolan-directed Batman films because "Batman" wasn't in the title.

And it ignored that Warner Bros. spent at least $75 million marketing the film.

And that the film went on to make well over $600 million worldwide, and more domestically (even after adjusting for inflation) than any Superman film since Superman II.

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

1.8X

So both of them in the same boat. I got to admit I ended up liking the 2003 Ang Lee Hulk better. It grew on me after seeing repeated bits of it here and there on cable tv.

The Norton one didn't. I like it,but in the end I will take 2003 Ang Lee Hulk.

At times it was just scary.

Image result for 2003 ang lee hulk sam elliott

plus I like everything that Sam Elliott is in.

image.jpeg.e79dda6588d507090e7938ef8eabeb68.jpeg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 hours ago, kav said:

Cant think of any off the top of my head I just remember in the past shaking my head and going another movie about terrorists being the good guys??  Maybe others can chime in.

Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi...

3 hours ago, kav said:

Fury said in the 1st avengers movie that H Stark fished the cube out of the ocean while looking for Cap, so at that point it was back in governments hands. Short jump over to someone needing to do research. Might  have been explained in further episodes of Agent Carter we will never see. 

1 minute ago, Marwai said:

Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi...

I considered them but technically not terrorists since they dont target civilians.  Ok the Skrulls didnt either in the movie but were initially depicted as doing so to innocent Kree planets also they took a pot shot at Nick Fury who they had no beef with.

No. 2 is Disney’s Captain Marvel with $8.5M-$9M today, and a $31.7M third weekend, -53% with a running total by Sunday of $318.1M. Today gets her to just over $294M; she’ll cross the three century mark on Saturday, her 16th day of release.

$400MM seems a stretch if these Deadline estimates hold.