• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKE & KEY TV Series
3 3

102 posts in this topic

LOCKE & KEY TV Series Officially In Development

IDW Publishing has officially announced the Locke & Key is in development as a television series. Writer and co-creator Joe Hill will write the pilot and serve as executive producer for the series.

Locke & Key is an award-winning series of graphic novels from Hill and artists and co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez. The series follows the Locke family as they “encounter magic beyond belief and evils beyond redemption.”

"I love this story,” said Hill in a press release. “The seven years I spent working on Locke & Key was the happiest creative experience of my life and there still isn't a day when I don't think about those characters and miss visiting with them. The six books of the series are very like six seasons of a cable TV series and so it feels only natural to bring that world to the little screen and to see if we can't scare the pants off viewers everywhere."

:whee:

Joe Hill Has Finally Confirmed A 'Locke & Key' TV Show With IDW Entertainment

The property has been so universally successful that it has seen several attempts at television adaptation; perhaps letting the comic’s creator lead the show in its third TV attempt will be the trick to finally get Locke & Key on the air.

“I love this story,” said Hill in a press release. “The seven years I spent working on Locke & Key was the happiest creative experience of my life, and there still isn’t a day when I don’t think about those characters and miss visiting with them. The six books of the series are very like six seasons of a cable TV series, and so it feels only natural to bring that world to the little screen and to see if we can’t scare the pants off viewers everywhere.”

Of the two previous Locke & Key pilot adaptations, the latter was made by DreamWorks and made it into the pilot stage before Fox passed on it. Since then, Universal Pictures optioned the property as a three-part film trilogy, but those rights lapsed. For fans, this has been a long series of false hope, which hopefully ends with the new Hill-led iteration.

This was the Fox-based show that never moved forward.

Hulu Greenlights Locke & Key Pilot With Doctor Strange Director

It's rare that a TV show gets a second chance, but Locke And Key is getting just that. The comic - created by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez - is about to start production on their second pilot. While the first go-round didn't get picked up to series, this new attempt has some series muscle attached.

Deadline has just revealed that Hulu has tapped Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson to helm the pilot episode. This is a perfect fit for Derrickson, as it blends the styles of Doctor Strange with the deep roots he has in the horror genre. 

Carlton Cuse (Bates Motel) is producing the show, along with IDW Entertainment - who published the original comic. Joe Hill wrote the -script for the pilot, and is overseeing the project. According to the report, Derrickson has been attached to the project from the get-go, and he will likely stay on to direct multiple episodes if the show is picked up to series.

Locke & Key TV Show Gets New Pilot Director

locke-and-key-tv-show.jpg?itok=Dysb3Xkd

The Locke & Key TV series has a home! According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hulu has given the show a pilot order, with Carlton Cuse (Lost) set to serve as showrunner.

While Doctor Strange's Scott Derrickson was attached to direct the pilot, there has been a change. Because of his commitment to the Snowpiercer TV series, Derrickson will no longer be able to do the Locke & Key pilot. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Andy Muschietti (It, Mama) will be taking over the gig from Derrickson.

Last year, IDW Entertainment released news that Locke & Key writer Joe Hill (he wrote the story for the comics, with art by Gabriel Rodriguez) was on board to write the pilot and executive produce the TV show adaptation as a straight-to-series project. It's unclear how Hulu and Cuse's involvement might change that plan, but Hill had previously said in a statement:

"I love this story. The seven years I spent working on Locke & Key was the happiest creative experience of my life, and there still isn’t a day when I don’t think about those characters and miss visiting with them. The six books of the series are very like six seasons of a cable TV series, and so it feels only natural to bring that world to the little screen and to see if we can’t scare the pants off viewers everywhere."

Locke & Key TV Show Pilot Adds Danny Glover; Casts Tyler Locke

Danny-Glover-in-Monster-Trucks.jpg?q=50&

Two more cast members have joined the upcoming adaptation of Locke & Key: Danny Glover as Joe Ridgeway and Jack Mulhern as Tyler Locke. Hulu is quickly becoming invested in a number of comic book properties as it continues to turn out original series, and next month, they’ll land their first Marvel show with Runaways. Meanwhile, 2018 will bring the long-gestating Locke & Key adaptation to the small screen. The show already has an impressive pedigree, with original writer Joe Hill on-board along with IT director Andy Muschietti. The project will also be produced by Carlton Cuse of Lost and Bates Motel fame.

With the adaptation of Locke & Key coming together, the cast has begun to fill out. Focusing on the Locke family who move to their family home after the death of their father/husband, the series will follow Nina and her three kids as they navigate the mysterious new house and its secrets. The show has already cast IT stars Jackson Robert Scott and Megan Charpentier as Bode and Kinsey, respectively. Now, the final Locke child has been cast

Locke & Key co-creator Joe Hill is over-the-moon for Muschietti's pilot

Earlier this morning, I woke up to some very enthusiastic tweets from LOCKE & KEY co-creator Joe Hill. Apparently, upon viewing the Andy Muschietti-directed pilot episode of the upcoming TV series adaptation of Hill's critically-acclaimed comic series, the son of legendary author Stephen King felt the need to shout his praise from the top of Twitter mountain.

This is really great news, my friends! It's been a hot minute since we've received any updates regarding LOCKE & KEY, and it sounds as if the show is really coming along, now. I for one simply cannot wait to see what Hill, Muschietti, and the rest of their team have put together, for when one of my favorite comic book series of all times makes its way to Hulu.  

On 3/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, Matjo said:

as a Fox have I been "locke-key-ing" on the internet. 
Pilot-ing around I found the key "JdAwoKxL-locke-key"

http://putlocker.co.com/watch/JdAwoKxL-locke-key.html

If you missed the SDCC'11 screening ... i know you want this as bad as I did

Whoa!!!! I have been wanting to see this for years! Thanks so much for posting it. Can't believe that Fox chose Terra Nova over this....

I have to agree.  I took the plunge and bought a nice graded set the other day since I see this being a hit with Netflix.  Now its a question if I can hold on to it long enough to see a promo.

On 5/9/2016 at 5:03 PM, Bosco685 said:

Joe Hill Has Finally Confirmed A 'Locke & Key' TV Show With IDW Entertainment

This was the Fox-based show that never moved forward.

That's a good looking promo . . from 7 years ago lol.  Hope Netflix doesn't take another 7 years.

Finally!

Locke and Key,  the high-profile television adaptation of the bestselling comic book series by writer Joe Hill and artist Gabriel Rodriguez, will premiere on Netflix on Feb. 7.

Locke and Key stars  Darby Stanchfield (Scandal) as Nina Locke,  Jackson Robert Scott (It and It 2) as Bode Locke,  Connor Jessup (American Crime) as Tyler Locke, Emilia Jones (Horrible Histories) as Kinsey Locke,  Bill Heck (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs) as Rendell Locke, Laysla De Oliveira as Dodge, Thomas Mitchell Barnet as Sam Lesser, Griffin Gluck (American Vandal) as Gabe, Coby Bird as Rufus Whedon.

The synopsis from Netflix: “After their father is murdered under mysterious circumstances, the three Locke siblings and their mother move into their ancestral home, Keyhouse, which they discover is full of magical keys that may be connected to their father’s death. As the Locke children explore the different keys and their unique powers, a mysterious demon awakens — and will stop at nothing to steal them. From Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel) and Meredith Averill (The Haunting of Hill House), the series is a coming-of-age mystery about love, loss, and the unshakable bonds that define family.”

Executive Producers for Locke and Key are: Carlton Cuse, Meredith Averill, Aron Eli Coleite, Joe Hill, Chris Ryall with Lydia Antonini and Ted Adams for IDW, Lindsey Springer for Genre Arts, Andy Muschietti, Barbara Muschietti, David Alpert and Rick Jacobs for Circle of Confusion, Tim Southam, John Weber and Frank Siracusa for Take 5.