• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKE & KEY TV Series
3 3

102 posts in this topic

Finally finished it after watching a downloaded last episode (my Netflix, for whatever reason, kept bugging on the last episode at around the 17m mark).

I was okay with many of the lesser changes, and even the ending, but I have to say...

Spoiler

they toned down the terror far, FAR too much. Netflix doesn't shy away from horror--Sabrina and Hill House show that--but this...it just had no threat to it. Dodge had no bite whatsoever, and the Lockes had like zero real stakes. I never felt worried for them, and I certainly never felt afraid of Dodge.

Not sure if that even needs a spoiler tag, but whatevs.

5 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

Finally finished it after watching a downloaded last episode (my Netflix, for whatever reason, kept bugging on the last episode at around the 17m mark).

I was okay with many of the lesser changes, and even the ending, but I have to say...

Hide contents

they toned down the terror far, FAR too much. Netflix doesn't shy away from horror--Sabrina and Hill House show that--but this...it just had no threat to it. Dodge had no bite whatsoever, and the Lockes had like zero real stakes. I never felt worried for them, and I certainly never felt afraid of Dodge.

Not sure if that even needs a spoiler tag, but whatevs.

Spoiler

I agree. Dodge shows up, but you never really understood her motivation. Except that she wanted the keys.At least with Stranger Things the Upsidedown was threatening and created a sense of terror that allowed us to root for the kids. 

My wife loved it.  I thought is was good but not great.  Was a little slow at times and seemed to walk an odd line between wanting to be family friendly horror like Goosebumps and more traditional Steven King or Dean Kuntz type horror (non gore horror).

Believe it or not, production on the second season of Netflix's Locke & Key is now underway. The series had a long and difficult journey to the screen, having been attempted at both FOX and Hulu before the Netflix project took off. After debuting in February, the series became a solid hit for the streaming service, and a second season was quickly ordered. Season 2 began production in September and it looks like there will be a few characters getting plenty of added screen time in the new installment.

According to Deadline, three actors have been made series regulars in the second season of Locke & Key, two of which appeared as guest stars in the first season. Aaron Ashmore, who plays Duncan Locke, and Hallea Jones, who plays Eden Hawkins, have both been upped to series regular status for Season 2.

Brendan Hines has also been added as a series regular, though he didn't appear in any capacity in Season 1. Hines will play a character named Josh Bennett, a new history teacher at Matheson Academy who has a hidden agenda. Season 2 has also added Liyou Abere as a guest star.

Locke & Key is based on the IDW comic series by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez. Earlier this year, Hill spoke with ComicBook.com and offered his thoughts on the Netflix adaptation.

I read the series for the first time several months ago and found it one of the most intense comics I've read in a while, very appropriate for the town of Lovecraft that they ditched for the TV version.  The Netflix Season 1 started off promisingly but got way too mired in typical teen drama tropes like "teen kegger gone sour while parents are AWOL." The ridiculous plot holes at the end have been mentioned already upthread and had my wife and I throwing up our hands at the TV. I did think they handled the out-of-body sequences very well. The cast was sympathetic, more than I expected from the books actually.

They better wrap it up in Season 2; Netflix has a bad habit of not allowing Season 3.

LOCKE & KEY: NETFLIX GRANTS HORROR SERIES SECOND AND THIRD SEASONS

Netflix has just announced that they're going to be giving their successful horror-fantasy show Locke & Key - based on Joe Hill's bestselling graphic novel series - not only a second season order, but a preemptive third season as well! 

Here's the official synopsis:

The series follows three siblings who, after the murder of their father, move to their ancestral home only to find the house has magical keys that give them a vast array of powers and abilities.

And here's what co-showrunner Carlton Cuse (Lost) had to say about the announcement:

We have some incredible adventures in store for the Locke family in season 3, and could not be more excited to continue telling our story with our great partners at Netflix.
Meanwhile, the first season of Locke and Key - starring  Kevin Alves, Thomas Mitchell Barnet, and Coby Bird  -  is available to stream on Netflix right now, while the second season will be premiering sometime next year!

Fans of the Netflix show Locke & Key have gotten a new look at the show’s villain, Dodge, leading into season 2 of the supernatural series. Locke & Key premiered in early 2020 to positive reviews and was almost immediately renewed for a second season by Netflix. However, the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 last year caused some production delays for the series, and there still is not a confirmed release date for Locke & Key season 2.

Locke & Key is part horror, part fantasy story based on the comics of the same name created by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez. It tells the story of three kids who move to the mysterious Keyhouse and discover magical keys that give them eerie powers. Among the memorable characters is Dodge, the series villain played by Laysla De Oliveira. Dodge’s full evil plan was left a mystery at the end of season 1, but De Oliveira has teased the character’s return for season 2.

Just a few days ago, De Oliveira posted a photo to her Instagram referencing her villainous character to tease Locke & Key season 2. The photo shows the actress in makeup as Dodge and the caption jokes about how De Oliveira is in “full Dodge mode” now.

Dodge210404.JPG.52c5154b24040787d4fd782e5ee581e8.JPG

1 minute ago, drotto said:

When is this scheduled to be back?  I watched season 1 like 2 years ago,  I had forgotten about it.

Season 1 release date 2/7/2020 so it was a little over a year ago. But with the pandemic it has thrown off everyone's calendar.

September 2021 is the hinted-to Season 2 release.

‘Locke & Key’ Season 2: Netflix Release Date & What to Expect

What is the production status of Locke & Key?
Official Production Status: Filming Restarted (Last Updated: 09/22/2020)

The second season was originally expected to begin filming on August 17th, 2020 and end on February 5th, 2021. Of course, COVID continues to disrupt filming schedules as was the case with Locke & Key. We got a further update in September 2020 that the series had been delayed by a month and is now due to begin production on September 21st, 2020 and run through March 5th, 2021. That was then confirmed that this was the case features.

When will a new season of Locke & Key be on Netflix?
Now that we have scheduled filming dates for Locke & Key, our prediction of a late 2021 or early 2022 release date is looking even more likely. Filming for the first season took five months between February 2019 and July 2019. The series didn’t arrive on Netflix until seven months later on February 7th, 2020. If the second season was to follow the first, then this would mean that the next season of Locke & Key would be arriving in September 2021. So for now, of least, September 2021 is the earliest possible release date we predict for Locke & Key season 2.

It is the pandemic (no shock there) that threw off the production start date. I bet too with any of these productions where they had a wider location to choose from pre-COVID the safe locations are more limited now for any filming.

With just a week remaining until the series' return, Netflix has unveiled a new Locke & Key season 2 clip. The video begins with a fake trailer for the in-series horror movie The Splattering made by Kinsey Locke and her friends as well as looks at Eden's demonic antics.