• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING directed by Steven S. DeKnight (2/23/18)

46 posts in this topic

I kind of liked the first one for what it was...decent story and cool effects.  I have to say, though, that this sequel looks a lot more like a 'Transformers' movie than the first PR -- I wasn't impressed by the trailer.

Dan

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎24 at 5:10 AM, bane said:

Will wait for streaming, the first one didn’t really deliver for me.

I thought the first Pacific Rim movie was outstanding compared to the reboot of Godzilla (in San Francisco) that came out that same year about 4 years ago. I was emotionally involved with the Japanese Ranger's flashback of herself as a young girl holding her red shoe crying 'Mama, mama?' Some nice comedic bits by the actor that played Hellboy.

Agree that the trailer for PR part 2 looks like pure Michael Bay Transformers eye-candy that I dislike. Hope Guillermo del Torro is still directing, as PR #1 held up for me on dvd <3.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

A bit worried about this one. But I'm sure I'll see it. Music a bit dumb on the trailer. 

As a side note if anyone here has seen the 1st one in 3D on Blu Ray or the 4K versions, they are amazing to watch!

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

who is this movie's target audience? 5 year olds that have no imagination?

11 year olds that love all the Transformers movies. Some of the tools attached to the Jaegers' hands seemed to be borrowed from the 1970s Shaw Brothers' kung fu weapons and updated.

I saw the movie yesterday and my thought on the movie goes like this. not has great like the first one but close second mostly day fights they do set up itself for future movies and some ideas place for different Jagers.