• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOTOR CITY COMIC CON, May 19-21, 2017, Novi, Michigan

31 posts in this topic

Does this event fill up fast? I've got that weekend free next year so I'm wondering if I should grab a booth now (if its available).

Just over 2 months away.   :whee:

Hopefully taking the entire family (minus the two little ones) this year. Saturday (May 20th) is my son's 18th birthday and it will be the first time since we adopted the two little ones in 2014 that we've done anything with just the original 4. I'm really looking forward to this show.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, DeadOne said:

Hopefully taking the entire family (minus the two little ones) this year. Saturday (May 20th) is my son's 18th birthday and it will be the first time since we adopted the two little ones in 2014 that we've done anything with just the original 4. I'm really looking forward to this show.

I was hoping to be able to go on Saturday. My two brothers and their kids were going to meet up with us, but unfortunately they are both not going to be able to attend this year. So myself, my wife, and my two older kids are going to be attending on Sunday instead.
Thanks to @oakman29, @Randall Dowling, @wombat, and so many others, I'll be looking for bronze and early copper age magazines to help grow a collection that I just recently began earlier this year.
The last time I was at MCCC was 2009 or 2010. Should be a good time.

1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

I was hoping to be able to go on Saturday. My two brothers and their kids were going to meet up with us, but unfortunately they are both not going to be able to attend this year. So myself, my wife, and my two older kids are going to be attending on Sunday instead.
Thanks to @oakman29, @Randall Dowling, @wombat, and so many others, I'll be looking for bronze and early copper age magazines to help grow a collection that I just recently began earlier this year.

:headbang:

I moved back to Michigan last year, and was supposed to go to this show with my brother, but he couldn't make it. I went myself for the day, and it was a pretty busy show!

I was unable to go to C2E2, because I had a last minute veterinary bill for one of my pups, but this show is still on my radar. Brother is saying is coming again, so we'll see if he can make it. I'm watching spending a little, so I won't have as much as usual, but I think we'll have a good time.

Edited by Psithyrus
Typo was killing me

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, DeadOne said:

I'll be setup in booth #501.  I'll have a couple short boxes of magazines with me.  :baiting: 

I would love it if any of my fellow boardies stopped at my booth and introduced themselves. :foryou:

If anyone else is setting up a booth please give us your booth number so that we can find each other.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Shadow said:

This show seems to get less buzz here on the Boards. I don't go to many others so I can't compare. Would it be considered a Tier 2? I've been to C2E2 and Wizard Chicago.

Ticket prices seem pretty steep for a Novi, Michigan show.  What makes it worth pretty much what I spent on tickets to C2E2?

Dear God - there has to be 30 cool celebrities coming to this show.  I'm not a big fan of autographs but it would be cool to get all 3 stars of Weird Science on one poster!

Rose from Doctor Who is going to be there!  You guys are making it hard to not come.

Edited by 1Cool

2 hours ago, Nick's Comics said:

I'll be setup in booth #501.  I'll have a couple short boxes of magazines with me.  :baiting: 

I would love it if any of my fellow boardies stopped at my booth and introduced themselves. :foryou:

If anyone else is setting up a booth please give us your booth number so that we can find each other.

:whee:

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Shadow said:

This show seems to get less buzz here on the Boards. I don't go to many others so I can't compare. Would it be considered a Tier 2? I've been to C2E2 and Wizard Chicago.

I've been going to this show on-and-off since 2001 and I've established quite the love-hate relationship with it. 

Over the years, I've seen the number of quality back issue dealers dwindle and artists' alley reduced to a shell of its former self.  Sure, in terms of square footage, it may be the same (larger, possibly), but the quality of guests ain't what it used to be and this happens to be one of the years I've decided to pass on going.  There's probably a lot more I can add, but this is just my opinion, and I'm sure others will have differing opinions.

On April 29, 2017 at 7:19 PM, DeadOne said:

We have set up at Motor City for many years....over the past few years it has grown a tremendous amount....almost more than the Novi Convention Center can handle at this point.  Great show....

Our booth will have 16 magazine boxes of stuff...Warren mags, Marvel, Skywalds, Eerie Pub and many others so come check out Mark Scott Comics if you are looking for magazines....Last year our booth was 715/814 but not sure this year....should be in the same area....