• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOTOR CITY COMIC CON, May 19-21, 2017, Novi, Michigan

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Our booth will have 16 magazine boxes of stuff...Warren mags, Marvel, Skywalds, Eerie Pub and many others so come check out Mark Scott Comics if you are looking for magazines....Last year our booth was 715/814 but not sure this year....should be in the same area....

:whee:

I'll find you.

I will be there buying, I alwys try to go friday at open to beat the weekend chaos.  

They pushed back the friday start time quite a few hours to 12PM?  I remember going around 9 or 10aam last year.  That is really gonna shorten my shopping time before I take off for dinner.  Pretty upset about it actually.  I dont have the crowd patience to go saturday.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, 90sChild said:

I will be there buying, I alwys try to go friday at open to beat the weekend chaos.  

They pushed back the friday start time quite a few hours to 12PM?  I remember going around 9 or 10aam last year.  That is really gonna shorten my shopping time before I take off for dinner.  Pretty upset about it actually.  I dont have the crowd patience to go saturday.

I believe that you are misremembering last years hours.  This will be my 5th year as a vendor and the show has opened at noon on Friday each year.  (shrug)

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, Guardian Comics said:

ER Comics and I are headed to Nickel City on Friday and Novi on Saturday...looking forward to a helluva road trip.

Jim

I'm actually considering going to check out 3-River Con in Pittsburg and Nickel City on Saturday and then hit Novi on Sunday.  they are all a 2/2.5 hour drive from Cleveland so I'll try to combo a couple together so save some drive time.

Or I may just do Novi on Saturday and Nickel on Sunday to check out two shows I've never been to before.  I guess it will depend on how many books are available at each show.

Edited by 1Cool

On 4/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, Shadow said:

This show seems to get less buzz here on the Boards. I don't go to many others so I can't compare. Would it be considered a Tier 2? I've been to C2E2 and Wizard Chicago.

It sure seemed like a tier 1 show to me !  just tons of great GA books of all genres , more than i could ever imagine.......better than eBay IMO....

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

It sure seemed like a tier 1 show to me !  just tons of great GA books of all genres , more than i could ever imagine.......better than eBay IMO....

It's still a good show. I thought it was a far better show 15 years ago from a comic buying perspective.