• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Canuck registry fix request

5 posts in this topic

Hello all.

The Registry set "Captain Canuck" was recently changed and a whole whack of Captain Canuck series were thrown together. The original series from 1975 has been lumped in with the modern 2015 series and several of the mini-series.

I was hoping to get them split into their own individual sets. It doesn't really make sense to have them group as it currently is IMHO.

I run The Unofficial yet Definitive Captain Canuck Comicography found at http://www.captaincanuck.net and have spent quite some time cataloging and documenting all the various Captain Canuck series.

Ideally I'd love to see the issues currently in the Captain Canuck registry set split up as follows ...

Captain Canuck 1974 Series Set

Captain Canuck 1

Captain Canuck 2

Captain Canuck 3

Captain Canuck 4

Captain Canuck 5

Captain Canuck 6

Captain Canuck 7

Captain Canuck 8

Captain Canuck 9

Captain Canuck 10

Captain Canuck 11

Captain Canuck 12

Captain Canuck 13

Captain Canuck 14

Captain Canuck 15 (none graded at this time)

Captain Canuck First Summer Special nn

Captain Canuck Reborn Set

Captain Canuck Prelude 0 (Needs to be renamed properly to Reborn #0)

Captain Canuck Reborn 1 (none graded at this time)

Captain Canuck Reborn 2 (none graded at this time)

Captain Canuck Reborn 3

Captain Canuck Legacy Set

Captain Canuck Legacy 1

Captain Canuck Legacy 1 Special Edition

Captain Canuck Legacy 1.5 (none graded at this time)

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Set

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Canada Day Edition #1

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Canada Day Edition #1 Richard Comely Variant Cover

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Canada Day Edition #1 George Freeman Variant Cover

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Canada Day Edition #1 Mike Rooth Variant Cover

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Canada Day Edition #1 Mike Rooth B&W Variant Cover

Captain Canuck Summer Special 2014 Canada Day Edition #1 blank Variant Cover

Captain Canuck 2015 Series Set

issues 0 and up and all the variants not many of which are graded

All-New Classic Captain Canuck 2016 Series Set

issues 0 and up and all the variants of which none are graded

If you folks have any questions regarding Captain Canuck issues and their numbering I am more than happy to help or simply pop over to my website.

Cheers,

Martin Boruta

As a collector of Captain Canuck, I would love to see this collection reorganized with the above proposal. In fact, you could even make the case for another series:

Captain Canuck Archives 2016 Series Set

Marty B is a fantastic resource to comic book collectors on Captain Canuck and his website is an excellent place for information on all things related.

Thanks,

Dan

• Administrator

Since the proposed Legacy Set and 2016 set have one or less issue graded I can't make them as their own sets at this time. I added the summer special to the 2015 set as it would also not be eligible for its own set (as it is only one issue). I will make these live before the award deadline and I will rename the current set as Captain Canuck (Complete).