• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

Curious why the KK passed at 30K? Seemed fair given PIH results for others from this portfolio.

I thought the other ones at PIH last year were a lot better. I mean "Kubla's Anguish" was probably my favorite piece in that entire sale.

2 lots away from ATEC. Any takers or does it go RNM?

My bet is it "sells".

:acclaim:

Kinda predictable, especially after PiH announced they had "sold" theirs.

Consigning to competing auction houses, even it wasn't by design, has worked out really well for the family.

The Golden Dr. Strange just kept on going.

I expected it, especially after seeing it in person at SDCC.

Not many pieces get me to go..."Oh Boy" outloud.

In the back of my mind I was feeling $60k on that, but hoped it would fall down to where I could grab it and run away giggling.

$9K hammer ($10.7K w/juice) on that Bissette/Totleben Swampy panel page? I know it's a memorable moment in the series, but that is crazy.

We need a whole 'nother podcast to talk about this auction alone. :ohnoez:

3K is the new 10K Gene. :ohnoez:

The Golden Dr. Strange just kept on going.

I expected it, especially after seeing it in person at SDCC.

Not many pieces get me to go..."Oh Boy" outloud.

In the back of my mind I was feeling $60k on that, but hoped it would fall down to where I could grab it and run away giggling.

Yes, I thought this was one of the real prizes in this auction.

Hello to everyone,

To Brian,

I've seen Buscema Conan pages sell for over 4 to 5 k in the last 2 years mostly in conventions. A customer of mine purchased a Conan Title page splash with a good-looking female dancer for over 12.000 dollars one year ago. And Conan was in the background having a beer.

On the other hand, I just purchased a very good-looking Conan Page with Tom Pälmer at the inks (and what a good job he did) with Conan in the last panel, but with the Shadow on all others. One of my favourite Conan stories, for less than 700 dollars.

And today, I purchased my first Frazetta, rather small yes, but below 2.000 USD for a Conan head, I just didn't thought it was possible. I wasn't ever tracking it, and just happened to come back when it was sold. Am I becoming a Conan guy ?

$9K hammer ($10.7K w/juice) on that Bissette/Totleben Swampy panel page? I know it's a memorable moment in the series, but that is crazy.

You mean $30K is the new $10K and $10K is the new $3K. :eek:

Took a bath on that Enric Vampirella painting. It's really a great piece (if you're into Vampi); will take more than 60% bath on it (and it's not like I paid crazy money for it, far from it). Can't believe that a nice-sized oil painting like that sold for less than a run of the mill panel page. :mad:

Funnily enough, I was visiting a friend a few weeks back (who lives local to me). He was showing me a book he'd just purchased featuring scans of original Vampirella artwork by (I think) Jose Gonzalez (he shows me a lot of stuff on my visits). Beautiful work; your name was credited as a contributor the book.

You mean $30K is the new $10K and $10K is the new $3K. :eek:

Yes, I guess it depends on whether you are looking up or down at the cliff. :/

the Kirby FF 63 page sold for 27.000. Wasn't it for sale for more than 35.000 on CAF for a while and also available at last year September New Jersey art Con ?

Your thoughts about this price ?

I was also surprised of the kind of low price during the Comiclink auction with the first FF Dr Strange meeting which sold for 12.000. Many people say that movies help to sell art, but it hasn't really been proved. But is it possible that bad movies impact the love for the FF art ?

Took a bath on that Enric Vampirella painting. It's really a great piece (if you're into Vampi); will take more than 60% bath on it (and it's not like I paid crazy money for it, far from it). Can't believe that a nice-sized oil painting like that sold for less than a run of the mill panel page. :mad:

I agree a commission from Enric at the size would cost much more than the final hammer.

the Kirby FF 63 page sold for 27.000. Wasn't it for sale for more than 35.000 on CAF for a while and also available at last year September New Jersey art Con ?

Your thoughts about this price ?

I was also surprised of the kind of low price during the Comiclink auction with the first FF Dr Strange meeting which sold for 12.000. Many people say that movies help to sell art, but it hasn't really been proved. But is it possible that bad movies impact the love for the FF art ?

I don't think the buyers for Kirby Sinnott FF are impacted by any movie. They certainly aren't dissuaded from bidding because Miles Teller can't act.

Movies move comics and less expensive artwork that have a larger potential buyer pool where emotion and whim running up a piece might add $2k to the price....not $20k.

The FF 63 feels closer to a $35k page than a $27k page. Buyer bought a blue chip at a discount IMHO.