• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

Close to seeing what the SS Lightle cover will go for. At almost 5k with the premium anybody think it will get anymore bids?

If it does get more bids, I hope the new owner has many many years of enjoyment and satisfaction.

the Kirby FF 63 page sold for 27.000. Wasn't it for sale for more than 35.000 on CAF for a while and also available at last year September New Jersey art Con ?

It was my page. It was never for sale at $35K or more - I had it priced at $32K or $32.5K, with the intention of trying to get $28-$30K in a negotiated transaction. I'd note that page 12 from the same issue sold for $29,875 at Heritage in 2014 (and my page fetched more than that page when the book was broken up in 2008), so I don't think the asking price was out of wack at all. I think the buyer got a great deal on it today at just $26.3K; I am a bit disappointed at the result.

Close to seeing what the SS Lightle cover will go for. At almost 5k with the premium anybody think it will get anymore bids?

If it does get more bids, I hope the new owner has many many years of enjoyment and satisfaction.

It looks like they'll be buried with it.

the Kirby FF 63 page sold for 27.000. Wasn't it for sale for more than 35.000 on CAF for a while and also available at last year September New Jersey art Con ?

It was my page. It was never for sale at $35K or more. I had it priced at $32K or $32.5K, with the intention of trying to get $28-$30K in a negotiated transaction. I'd note that page 12 from the same issue sold for $29,875 at Heritage in 2014 (and my page fetched more than that page when the book was broken up in 2008), so I don't think the asking price was out of wack at all. I think the buyer got a great deal on it today at just $26.3K; I am a bit disappointed at the result.

Are you gonna setup again in September?

It looks like they'll be buried with it.

Almost $6900....yikes.

Congrats to the new owner and the old owner!!!

I bid on a lot and got blown away, I am thinking in general the prices for the art are all higher than expected. Perhaps it is due to the "slower" auctioneer. I agreed with the comment a few pages back that he is going slower than normal.

I bid on a lot and got blown away, I am thinking in general the prices for the art are all higher than expected. Perhaps it is due to the "slower" auctioneer. I agreed with the comment a few pages back that he is going slower than normal.

That Golden piece was being auctioned off before I lot I was bidding on. I was starting to get anxiety attacks just waiting for the lot to come up... and I still didn't win! :sorry:

no kidding. molasses... and sleepy dulcet tones as well