• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Me Find Stan Lee Bad Signature Placements...

13 posts in this topic

I've seen some CGC books where Stan Lee's signature is in REALLY bad places.

Can you fine board members find me some of these really bad signings? I'm trying to give my friend plenty of examples so he knows to cut out a signing square for Mr. Lee.

ebay should give you sufficient evidence

and/or google searches.

Here is a great example of Stan's sig right over the characters face on a first appearance.

nyx%203%20bad_zps4sbxtgp9.jpg

This is the same book that might have been window bagged and has better sig placement IMHO

nyx%203%20good_zpsubxlygjv.jpg

If your friend cares about where the sig goes on his book then he will window bag it.

The worst Stan Lee sig placement is on a book he didn't write and/or a character he has nothing to do with. That NYX book gets the triple whammy.

Agreed. I love getting Stan's sigs on books he wrote, but it makes me cringe seeing copies of NM98, IH181, etc with Stan's sig on it.

Stan really is hit or miss with his sig locations. I have some books where he signed the perfect location without a window and then I have a few books like this:

IMG_2379_zps34a6f7b6.jpg

Actual conversation with this book:

"Mr. Lee, I'd love to add another comic signed by you to my collection."

-"Sure thing, kid! Give me all your money."

"Oh, and if you could it sign over the most attractive character on the cover, the one who is a model in her civilian life, I would love that!"

- "You got it, partner. Up, up, and away!"

Thank goodness he came nowhere near Hawkeye or Quicksilver.

<a  href=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7160/27137545416_531dd52bb1_b.jpg' alt='27137545416_531dd52bb1_b.jpg'>156203_1699587240283062_3068876611355551508_n by oddjobtk, on Flickr[/img]