• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Only ever seen 3 of these in all years collecting, I slabbed the best one a few years ago and its still alone on the census

Uh, there's a reason behind that . . . :blush:

On 2/4/2018 at 11:11 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Read the whole thread.

Then, read this thread:

This cannot be overstated: your entire premise is flawed. Top to bottom, beginning to end. You are propagating misinformation. Don't be offended; rather, desire to know the truth.

RMA's most timely thread entrance ever, I'd wager.  As the thread was winding on I kept thinking "Where is RMA? Where is RMA?" And at long last, satisfaction!

On 1/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, sfcityduck said:

I have a huge soft spot for the Iron Giant.  So here's a question:

The comic on the right (first comic appearance of Iron Giant, pre-dates the movie) is not difficult to find.  But, has anyone ever seen the comic on the left?

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.51771fdbc933880abf3b948fc7b48f03.jpg

Following up, the comic on the right (Iron Giant movie preview nn) is easy to get on eBay, but the comic on the left (Iron Giant video preview nn) seems rare as I've only seen two copies (mine and the copy kept by the guy who gave me mine).

Am I right that no one else has (or has seen in person) a copy of the comic on the left?

15 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

JB.png.0c4ad25adcd1d8684d3078976902c21c.png

Only ever seen 3 of these in all years collecting, I slabbed the best one a few years ago and its still alone on the census

It's a rare one alright. 

Here's my old copy that I sold 800 years ago:

Jawbreaker.thumb.JPG.73578445ced75cba4bf7ad316fd214a5.JPG

And here's my new one, courtesy of last Sundays London Comic Fair (no, I can't believe it either):

JB.thumb.jpg.c98a1101a219935288fb48360097582a.jpg

:headbang:

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

RMA's most timely thread entrance ever, I'd wager.  As the thread was winding on I kept thinking "Where is RMA? Where is RMA?" And at long last, satisfaction!

I am glad I will not devote the brain cell needed to understanding these variants as I do not buy then unless they are direct cheap and/or cover price and the cover is really cool.

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

The cover that's so nice you had to get it twice :)

It's actually shyte Aweandlorder, but I do like the 4 of them holding the side of their faces top left :) 

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

IMG_6788.JPG

Eh, I'm not normally a fan of pedantry, but if this particular conversation had continued without RMA's participation, it just would have been wrong.

On 2/6/2018 at 1:22 PM, sfcityduck said:

Following up, the comic on the right (Iron Giant movie preview nn) is easy to get on eBay, but the comic on the left (Iron Giant video preview nn) seems rare as I've only seen two copies (mine and the copy kept by the guy who gave me mine).

Am I right that no one else has (or has seen in person) a copy of the comic on the left?

The one on the left was a promotional with the first release of the VHS tape, along with an action figure. It is the same as the pre-release promotional on the inside, the cover is the same as the VHS tape box.

Edited by FlyingDonut