• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2018 at 8:35 PM, manetteska said:

Has anyone seen these before?

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

Are they flipbooks, with another cover on the back? MCS only shows 1 issue of an Awesome Prophet series, but these aren't the covers they show, wonder if they're on the other side?

I have all of the other Prophet series, multiple copies of most of them (the first two volumes plus the relaunch) but don't have one of these.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Are they flipbooks, with another cover on the back? MCS only shows 1 issue of an Awesome Prophet series, but these aren't the covers they show, wonder if they're on the other side?

I have all of the other Prophet series, multiple copies of most of them (the first two volumes plus the relaunch) but don't have one of these.

I'm not able to check right now, but looking at other listings the flipbook is the correct answer. This is the second time in a few weeks I've been tricked with a cover I've never seen before (because it's the back of another comic). Can't know everything. (shrug)

MCS has this book listed as Prophet Legacy and shows both covers, doesn't have them in stock, though.

EDIT: I then found this listing on eBayhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Prophet-Vol-3-1-Undervalued-HTF-McFarlane-Cover-This-Book-is-a-Ghost-CBG310/222898165773?hash=item33e5c4180d:g:LEQAAOSw8BRat-Uv.

This listing shows it is a flip cover, MCS listed the flip covers as a separate series, though. I guess an error on their part. (shrug)

Edited by Brother J

12 hours ago, Brother J said:

MCS has this book listed as Prophet Legacy and shows both covers, doesn't have them in stock, though.

EDIT: I then found this listing on eBayhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Prophet-Vol-3-1-Undervalued-HTF-McFarlane-Cover-This-Book-is-a-Ghost-CBG310/222898165773?hash=item33e5c4180d:g:LEQAAOSw8BRat-Uv.

This listing shows it is a flip cover, MCS listed the flip covers as a separate series, though. I guess an error on their part. (shrug)

This is the other side of the McFarlane.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prophet-Vol-3-1-VF-NM-Awesome-save-on-shipping-details-inside-/312082700974?hash=item48a9941aae%3Ag%3A-bMAAOSwjJtaoEU2&redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=IVt%2F1%2BlVBHGwzG3y19dfOhPwP1c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&redirect=mobile

On 3/31/2018 at 8:35 PM, manetteska said:

Has anyone seen these before?

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

What is the date on them? I have not seen them, but then again maybe they doing find their way into a dollar box?

41 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Weird how they came out with a one shot nearly 5 years after the second prophet series was cancelled (frankly, i don't see the second series much either in the cheap-o bins, although i guess they are worthless, ..it has some nice cover guest artists)

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Found these Rai books at the flea market for a few dollars.  Rai 1 is weird, its a flip cover.  There are cards inside and its NM.   Anyone know much about these? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.02.33 PM.png

I bought a Rai #0 recently and a Bloodshot #6, they are first appearances of Bloodshot and Ninjak. They've picked up steam but are 90's books and are either over-printed or were over hyped back then, I'm not really sure of the story.

I'd be curious, if anyone could tell me how to tell the difference between "Matte" and "Glossy" versions of Rai #0....?

I think glossy sells for more....

on a side note...

Eternal Warrior #4 is also the first appearance of BloodShot in Cameo, also 1st appearance of "mortal enemy"

Rai #0 is 1st full appearance of Bloodshot and RAI, also origin of RAI

I'm not sure who is the most important..... I see EW#4 posted a lot in Garage Sale thread..... so (shrug)

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I bought a Rai #0 recently and a Bloodshot #6, they are first appearances of Bloodshot and Ninjak. They've picked up steam but are 90's books and are either over-printed or were over hyped back then, I'm not really sure of the story.

I'd be curious, if anyone could tell me how to tell the difference between "Matte" and "Glossy" versions of Rai #0....?

I think glossy sells for more....

I have a Matte copy.   The glossy version is apparently very smooth and you can definitely tell 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I have a Matte copy.   The glossy version is apparently very smooth and you can definitely tell 

Further side note....

I think that it was rumored that Vin Diesel was propositioned to play BloodShot in theaters, I rather doubt it will happen imo, but if you got it cheap, it might be a quick flip or if the cinematic thing does happen and/or if you like the character keep it :o for your collection.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

on a side note...

Eternal Warrior #4 is also the first appearance of BloodShot in Cameo, also 1st appearance of "mortal enemy"

Rai #0 is 1st full appearance of Bloodshot and RAI, also origin of RAI

I'm not sure who is the most important..... I see EW#4 posted a lot in Garage Sale thread..... so (shrug)

EW4 seems to be the winner as far as Bloodshot. Maybe it's like DC where the cameos are more sought after (shrug)

5 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

EW4 seems to be the winner as far as Bloodshot. Maybe it's like DC where the cameos are more sought after (shrug)

It could be because Rai #0 has a matte and glossy version....and people don't want to bother ??? 

The glossy definitely seems right up there with EW#4 especially in 9.8, but maybe not as many sold due to harder to find in the "glossy" version

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Further side note....

I think that it was rumored that Vin Diesel was propositioned to play BloodShot in theaters, I rather doubt it will happen imo, but if you got it cheap, it might be a quick flip or if the cinematic thing does happen and/or if you like the character keep it :o for your collection.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/vin-diesel-bloodshot-movie-sony-comic-book-dave-wilson-eric-heisserer-1202320751/

18 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Found these Rai books at the flea market for a few dollars.  Rai 1 is weird, its a flip cover.  There are cards inside and its NM.   Anyone know much about these? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.02.33 PM.png

Nice score. The Rai #1 flip book is actually Magnus Robot Fighter #5 which is the 1st appearance of Rai. Magnus ran as a flip book for a bit with the Rai story as the flip. Later, Valiant started a Rai ongoing series (which all of your other books are from).