• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,488 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, BishopT said:

1771EB3D-042F-4D8E-9315-96696D4836EB.jpeg

1349D80C-A6D9-4150-872A-1E6CC57015F1.jpeg

26948B23-E031-47D6-A0CE-B0513479A134.jpeg

Some pretty decent finds at a local show yesterday. The ASM 700 and DD 1 are newsstands, I've never seen that Batman Forever pack and the CD single alone sells for a decent price on Discogs, finally found a decent priced Macross #1, and I'm not sure how rare those Batman Adventures 2nd prints are, but they're both 9.8 candidates. Also found some great not so rare dollar books in ANext #12, a number of Frisson Wonder Woman covers, Planetary #1 signed by Ellis and Cassaday, New X Men #31, Rai #1, and Betty and Veronica #115 (another bikini cover). Those are the highlights, but I got a bunch of stuff yesterday, but nothing huge.

Those came from my buddy John, who was set up two tables away from me. You should have come by and introduced yourself! This was me..............

31398039_2137379219621978_310482816003455859_n.jpg

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

On 4/24/2018 at 10:51 PM, followtheleader said:

To be clear, the later Punisher issues are nice have books that are pulling a little more money. 

Just meant that people are more likely to buy them now than when they were 50 cent fodder.  The will never be in a league of WD. 

Punisher 102 is the real winner of that group. 

Patrick 

Punisher 100 variant.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:05 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Great stuff! I've only ran across the 100 variant once

Pretty sure I sold one here a few VCCs ago, but it had a ding on it, so only mid-grade

3 hours ago, the blob said:

Pretty sure I sold one here a few VCCs ago, but it had a ding on it, so only mid-grade

As soon as I saw it, it became one of my favorite Punisher books.

Anyone know the background on it? What type of "variant" was it?

On 4/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Those came from my buddy John, who was set up two tables away from me. You should have come by and introduced yourself! This was me..............

31398039_2137379219621978_310482816003455859_n.jpg

Man, I'm sorry. I was just in the mode, wandering around hungover focused on comics. I hardly even noticed what booths I was at when. Will you be at Heroes or the new Atlanta con? I think I may have bought something from you, because I remember looking at your Encyclopedia Deadpoolica up there in the top right.

Edited by BishopT

13 hours ago, manetteska said:

As soon as I saw it, it became one of my favorite Punisher books.

Anyone know the background on it? What type of "variant" was it?

It's not a "variant" in the way you're thinking, just the regular cover for an issue that also has an enhanced cover. It is slightly unusual in that the regular and deluxe versions have completely different designs, which was not that common for Marvels (much more so for DCs).

Although I certainly wouldn't call it bad, there's just something about that cover that doesn't do it for me.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

It's not a "variant" in the way you're thinking, just the regular cover for an issue that also has an enhanced cover. It is slightly unusual in that the regular and deluxe versions have completely different designs, which was not that common for Marvels (much more so for DCs).

Although I certainly wouldn't call it bad, there's just something about that cover that doesn't do it for me.

Thanks for the info.

This is nothing but my own experience, but this foil/non-foil duo seems to be heavily tilted towards the foil edition, in general, and in comparison to other foil/non-foil issues (of which both are direct and not one direct and one newsstand). In the past couple years, however, I do see more copies of the orange cover coming to market where as before it was difficult to find more than five at one time.

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think we need to define what “wild” means

I kinda thought it was non-wall back issues at comic book stores or at comic shows. 

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like a variant to me.

What does that even mean?

For nearly any issue with multiple versions produced at the same time, one is the standard and the rest are variants, technically. The exceptions being issues with "alternate" versions that were equally produced.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think we need to define what “wild” means

I think we need to define what “can't find” means.

9 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I pulled these out of a guy’s 2/$1 stock that I bought out. They had been to multiple shows and been left behind. I know nothing about the blues. Am I missing something here? Certainly don’t seem rare.

DE93C134-9C09-4E8A-9487-348FAC8259E7.jpeg

They're not? you "could" give me one? :foryou: