• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2018 at 6:25 PM, fastballspecial said:

No pic it didn't happen. meh

A) I knew that was coming, but it was still at the show and I was home. 

2) Just because this pic exists doesn’t mean I bought it from a $2 box (but I did and people saw me)!

19E2EAC5-8362-4310-B02D-784CFEEC76B6.jpeg

On 6/17/2018 at 6:24 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

2) Just because this pic exists doesn’t mean I bought it from a $2 box (but I did and people saw me)!

Purple webs!

Everyone seems to have forgotten the distinction between the purple webs and the grey webs.

That was a "big deal" at one point.

Nerds. :cloud9:

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
On 6/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Purple webs!

Everyone seems to have forgotten the distinction between the purple webs and the grey webs.

That was a "big deal" at one point.

Nerds. :cloud9:

I totally missed the purple webs, I was too distracted by the signature of Tij fnlvf.

23 hours ago, valiantman said:

I totally missed the purple webs, I was too distracted by the signature of Tij fnlvf.

I believe Todd signed tens of thousands of those at the time, and they were all selling for 50+ signed, especially the ones with the bag. So I can see how he would get sloppy with the sig

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

I believe Todd signed tens of thousands of those at the time, and they were all selling for 50+ signed, especially the ones with the bag. So I can see how he would get sloppy with the sig

Looks more like "Abe Lincoln" to me. :baiting:

55 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

How many have you found in the wild?

I can't speak for him, but there are 33 books in your 2 posts on this page. Of the 15 I've looked for, I haven't had any significant trouble finding them. I've also seen a few of the others. The remainder I care so little about that I probably wouldn't even remember seeing them.

58 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I can't speak for him, but there are 33 books in your 2 posts on this page. Of the 15 I've looked for, I haven't had any significant trouble finding them. I've also seen a few of the others. The remainder I care so little about that I probably wouldn't even remember seeing them.

Do you ever even contribute anything to this thread?

So, we're only supposed to post stuff YOU care about?

What, we're only allowed to post the last issue of Static on here?

All of these are very hard to find IN THE WILD. I frequent comic shops in four states on a monthly basis and have for more than 25 years and some of these NEVER show up in back issue boxes in stores -- or at shows. These all came from stores that had been in business in the 1990s and early 2000s that had closed down and sold off their stocks.

The Web of Spider-Man 119 that is bagged with the Marvel Milestones issue is almost impossible to find in the wild.

Those last issues of GI Joe are very hard to find.

GI Joe 3D #8 is a book I'd never seen until I found it this week (and Blackthorne used to send me their catalogs of upcoming comics and I never knew it existed).

Powdered Toast Man is also one I didn't know existed.

The X-Force 115 is a newsstand edition and I haven't seen one of those since it was on the shelf at Books-A-Million when it first opened where I live.

I owned the original cover art to the Original Ghost Rider 20 and had never seen a copy of the comic until a month after I sold the art.

The last issues of The Nam are extremely hard to find.

The later Malibu Suns never turn up. Book of Fate 12 is another book that I never found in any shop.

The Robin Annual 5 is the DC Universe logo variant that is tough to find.

And I'm so sure you find Pink Panther #1s in the wild so very often.

Again, It would be nice if you contributed anything of substance to the thread.

5 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

So, we're only supposed to post stuff YOU care about?

I don't speak for him, but that's not what he said. You're making an argument from emotion, rather than reason. 

This thread has morphed from a "books you can't find" to "look what I found!"...there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not the point of the thread, ultimately.

Very few of the books you posted are that hard to find in the wild. They're pretty common on eBay, too.

But what it really comes down to is this: if you think they're hard to find, instead of getting mad at criticism, why not make your case for why you think these books ARE that hard to find? People can agree or disagree, but getting annoyed at people doesn't produce anything of value.