• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Basically when you look close you can see the green hologram and then blue circles
are splattered all over the green hologram giving it a blue hue. To me that looks like
tt was sprayed directly on top of a green hologram.

Interesting---thank you for sharing this.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:05 PM, fastballspecial said:

Okay here is another example I found. 
What happened to this copy? Is this manufactured this way?
Anyone?

If look at directly there are large fractures all over the hologram itself.

xforce25f.thumb.jpg.a59f274b73af0697dc1de4834a4013c5.jpg

My first guess is excessive heat... stored in a garage, attic, outdoor storage unit.  Just a guess.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:05 PM, fastballspecial said:

Okay here is another example I found. 
What happened to this copy? Is this manufactured this way?
Anyone?

If look at directly there are large fractures all over the hologram itself.

xforce25f.thumb.jpg.a59f274b73af0697dc1de4834a4013c5.jpg

That's cool. I'd pay extra for that. 

On 7/12/2018 at 6:26 AM, Stoy77 said:

Is it just me or is NYX 3 Just not around anymore. I go to a ton of lcs in & around my area (not really expecting to see one there) but also a ton of shows & the last one I recalled seeing was at least a year & 1/2 ago. Is everybody just hoarding them?

Sold one at Wondercon and will have another at the Berkeley con in three weeks. (shrug)

Try finding one of these out in the wild. Can’t wait to get it back from CGC even with the Green Label. 

Death of Human Torch was polybagged but some variants had a black logo instead of the blue and they are signed by Jonathan Hickman. No known print run. 

9439DAF4-76F8-4CA4-B4FF-3FEE58DA9B63.jpeg

These boards are a wealth of information - never knew there was a black logo variant signed.  I have 4-5 of these and they are still polybagged.  Guess it is time to open them up.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, lonetree said:

These boards are a wealth of information - never knew there was a black logo variant signed.  I have 4-5 of these and they are still polybagged.  Guess it is time to open them up.

if you come across a black one, instantly ping me. You will make some money.

On 7/17/2018 at 5:54 PM, fastballspecial said:

I did consider that. But wouldn't have to be a lot of heat to cause that? Guess we will never really know.

a few weeks ago, I tried to recreate the blue hologram on a Wolverine 75 where the other 2 were blue. I place the book in the same bag as a blue one and left it in heat for several weeks (humidity also) but the hologram is still green.

I'm not sure what causes it to turn blue

yesterday I found this lot on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Force-25-NEWSSTAND-X-Men-25-X-Factor-92-Lot-RARE-BLUE-HOLOGRAM-HIGH-GRADE/223071932545?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

a few weeks ago, I tried to recreate the blue hologram on a Wolverine 75 where the other 2 were blue. I place the book in the same bag as a blue one and left it in heat for several weeks (humidity also) but the hologram is still green.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Force-25-NEWSSTAND-X-Men-25-X-Factor-92-Lot-RARE-BLUE-HOLOGRAM-HIGH-GRADE/223071932545?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I guess it is a manufacturer defect. 

I thought for sure it’s the type of plastic bag and heat but that doesn’t seem to be the case 

it could be possible that maybe that particular hologram(s) were produced differently etc 

On 7/22/2018 at 3:38 PM, FlyingDonut said:
On 7/20/2018 at 1:31 PM, lonetree said:

if you come across a black one, instantly ping me. You will make some money.

Ping!

23 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

So you tried to cook it and it didn't work? Well that helps point to a manufacturing defect of some sort.