• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2018 at 8:32 AM, Michael Browning said:

More stuff I had never found before yesterday:

ultraversefutureshock1BlairWhich1.jpg

thunderbolts81XFilesAshcan.jpg

mightyheroesuncannyxmenmadnessinmurderworlds.jpg

Absolutely adore the X-Men Madness in Murderworld book. I vividly recall getting this game one Christmas, for my Commodore 64. It came in a huge cardboard box, and the comic was rolled up inside with a rubber band around it. This copy looks nice and flat! IIRC, it was Mark Bagley's first work at Marvel. Would love to find a nice copy of this book again, takes me directly back to my childhood.

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Paragon did a couple of books like that and once in a blue moon I find one usually beat to hell.

I also had the Spider-Man game, and the Captain America/Spider-Man vs Dr. Doom game. I LOVED those enormous, thick cardboard boxes with the colorful art, and for Commodore 64, the games were a lot of fun too. At that point superheroes weren't incredibly well represented in media outside of comics, so there was still something novel and neat about playing a game with Wolverine or whatever. 

I don't remember getting comics with those other games, but I could be wrong. If memory serves they also did a second X-men game and a Punisher game as well. Does anyone know if those included comics?

Yes many are very very difficult to find. The ASM 546 I have found copy and it sold in a day as a 6.0 copy. 

For awhile the Gunslinger copy was very hot as well. Production runs for next to nothing on these books. 

For some reason there are more Iron Man issues of this book than any other book anyone know why?

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Found this blue hologram today (actually found a Excalibur one also) but this one book has eluded me and finally found me a copy and blue to top it off

FBF3A3B0-03F2-4BD7-AAF0-B05909FED748.jpeg

F2FA7652-72E5-4ED3-9E8D-F17E47ED1CD5.jpeg

Hey Awesome! :foryou: Congrats! I wouldn't have known this one.....

These "blues" ones, if you can see anything at all, look a lot better with the 3-d than the green/yellow! 

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

So I guess we still have not figured out why these turned blue?

I really don't think that they "turn" blue...

I think that was just a theory that has been disproven so far. 

It's probably more of a manufacturing mistake or something, which is why cgc recognizes it without giving it a qualified label?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's probably more of a manufacturing mistake or something, which is why cgc recognizes it without giving it a qualified label?

Which is odd, because manufacturing defects like a lack of a certain color in the printing process gains a qualified label... ??? I forget why these blue holograms are considered "different" ???

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Which is odd, because manufacturing defects like a lack of a certain color in the printing process gains a qualified label... ??? I forget why these blue holograms are considered "different" ???

Well if we can prove its the printing process that creates a collecting opportunity for buyers that like this type of stuff manufacturing errors which after seeing enough of these that are either full or partial it leads me to believe this is a true manufacturing error in the process.

It will be similar to books that missed the inking or chrome coating on a book basically.

And BTW there were several collectors before me that were looking for these books. Dr. Balls had a thread on Wolverine 75 for years.

Edited by fastballspecial

26 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Well if we can prove its the printing process that creates a collecting opportunity for buyers that like this type of stuff manufacturing errors which after seeing enough of these that are either full or partial it leads me to believe this is a true manufacturing error in the process.

It will be similar to books that missed the inking or chrome coating on a book basically.

And BTW there were several collectors before me that were looking for these books. Dr. Balls had a thread on Wolverine 75 for years.

I'm sure that cbc has it worked out already of what the issue is and why this gets a blue label instead of green. Don't get me wrong, I have a yellow universal label and I think that it is great, I just want to know the difference and why....

Maybe this is a question for the ask cgc thread/forum...

On 8/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, Wolverinex said:

Wow congrats!  Where did you find that it? The stacks?  Dollar bin?  Flea market?

Comic shop longbox. It wasn't priced, guy went to his Overstreet guide (LOL), $4.99

It's a place I rarely go to because the prices are insanely high and they tend to know their sh*t so this one got past them.

Oh yeah, I also got Marvel Tails #1 and Peter Porker #12 off em for $3 each

On 8/6/2018 at 3:08 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Whoever comes up with a 9.8 of this is going to have a couple thousand dollar book in their possession.

It's a 9.4, with a pressing even it won't get better than a 9.6. I'll keep hunting til I find that raw 9.8, probably in another 3 years

On 8/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, fastballspecial said:

I'm leaning toward the environmental camp. hm