• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I’ve seen (and bought) a TON of Marvel Legends variants in $1 boxes in the past, but I’d never come across this one before. I almost didn’t buy it because it was more than $1, but I pulled the trigger regardless. 

CAE27F40-0DB6-4189-9217-4342923F633B.jpeg

More than a $1...$1.50, hope you didn't overspend, lol.

15 minutes ago, Insanity said:

hows it look 

Looks 9.6, I think it's an easy press to a 9.8. Mark on the back that looks like a staple imprint from stacking but it's not near the spine. Thinking about just selling it raw instead of waiting for it to get pressed, then graded, plus the grading cost of a pricey book. Time is money and I'm getting married in 2 months with a ton of stuff to pay for yet. Translation: can't "afford" to keep any good books that I find. Believe me, it hurts

10 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

Looks 9.6, I think it's an easy press to a 9.8. Mark on the back that looks like a staple imprint from stacking but it's not near the spine. Thinking about just selling it raw instead of waiting for it to get pressed, then graded, plus the grading cost of a pricey book. Time is money and I'm getting married in 2 months with a ton of stuff to pay for yet. Translation: can't "afford" to keep any good books that I find. Believe me, it hurts

Wow! Congrats on all of the above! :foryou: 

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
17 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

Wow! Congrats on all of the above! :foryou: 

congrats, and wedding pro-tip if you haven't done so already.  Get a new credit card with a great points reward for spending XXXX amount in the first 3 months.  You will certainly spend that much on your wedding, and you might get something really cool out of it (plane tix, hotel, cash back) depending on the card.  We did the Chase Hyatt card and got some dope free hotel rooms on our honeymoon.  Maybe get your future wife one too, double the benefits (assuming you'll spend enough money, which you probably will).  Then you can cancel after the first year if you don't need them anymore or whatever.

5 hours ago, revat said:

congrats, and wedding pro-tip if you haven't done so already.  Get a new credit card with a great points reward for spending XXXX amount in the first 3 months.  You will certainly spend that much on your wedding, and you might get something really cool out of it (plane tix, hotel, cash back) depending on the card.  We did the Chase Hyatt card and got some dope free hotel rooms on our honeymoon.  Maybe get your future wife one too, double the benefits (assuming you'll spend enough money, which you probably will).  Then you can cancel after the first year if you don't need them anymore or whatever.

I get them all the time. Just got a Capital One Venture card w 50,000miles + 2 miles per dollar spent on everything. Needless to say I'm buying more comics now