• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Those treasurey reprints in high grade are tough. I got to see one sealed last year which I had never seen.

They’re printed on the absolute cheapest paper so they are definitely tough in high grade.

i cannot find anything on the holofoil MOTU. It has no cover price and I’ve only been able to find one on eBay and it’s listed as signed, but doesn’t show any signatures (mine’s not signed) and doesn’t have any info in the description. Lone Star Comics doesn’t have anything on it, either.

47 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Those treasurey reprints in high grade are tough. I got to see one sealed last year which I had never seen.

They’re printed on the absolute cheapest paper so they are definitely tough in high grade.

i cannot find anything on the holofoil MOTU. It has no cover price and I’ve only been able to find one on eBay and it’s listed as signed, but doesn’t show any signatures (mine’s not signed) and doesn’t have any info in the description. Lone Star Comics doesn’t have anything on it, either.

It actually had a signed version of that cover. That's the one you saw.

12 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

The last two issues of What The..?! Are extremely tough to find. Very low print runs on what was already a pretty low-selling title. I’ve only ever found one copy each of #25 and #26.

I've never even seen the title, never mind the last couple of issues . . . :ohnoez:

On 9/9/2018 at 9:53 AM, fastballspecial said:

Were there any others that were reprinted this way? I remember seeing them on the shelves at my LCS when they were first sold, but I can't remember if there were any additional issues that were reprinted.

2 minutes ago, divad said:

I've never even seen the title, never mind the last couple of issues . . . :ohnoez:

It was a Marvel parody comic that utilized the talents of some of the big-name artists they had on staff at the time (and writers), including John Byrne, Mike Mignola, Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Steve Ditko, Todd McFarlane, Russ Heath, Al Williamson, Keown, Larsen and many, many others. It was in the same vein as Not Brand Echh. It lasted 26 issues and those last two or three are TOUGH to find. I've never seen a copy of #24, either.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:46 AM, Michael Browning said:

The last two issues of What The..?! Are extremely tough to find. Very low print runs on what was already a pretty low-selling title. I’ve only ever found one copy each of #25 and #26.

I loved What The?! SO much when I was a kid. Had a bunch of them, but had no idea the title ran that long. Definitely never ran into a 25 or 26 before.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:19 AM, Michael Browning said:

Here are a few that I hardly ever find in the wild, but found them over the last few weeks:

9FCAC0FF-21CF-482F-987B-FD6F8E9D4781.jpeg

Does this Masters of the Universe Gold edition has an Invincible preview ? If so, that should be the rarest of all the Invincible previews.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

There should be a thread titled 

Books I always find in the wild 

In that condition gen 13 #1 is very rare! I remember getting $35 in trade for that and #2 at my lcs. Turned them into a Fawcett captain Marvel. Good times!

Edit: my bad, I guess that is a newsstand this is harder to find

Edited by the blob

23 minutes ago, the blob said:

In that condition gen 13 #1 is very rare! I remember getting $35 in trade for that and #2 at my lcs. Turned them into a Fawcett captain Marvel. Good times!

My comment wasn’t specifically at the last books posted but some of the books that are “rare” in the “wild” is because no one really cares about them, hence most of them are sitting in backroom stock 

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I do, when I find something worth posting. 

Unacceptable. Contribute to the "Random junk for which no sane person would ever spend any time searching in the wild, but I bought it anyway" thread, OR ELSE!