• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,488 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

anything with the words "limited special edition" has to be rare!

Since it’s the last of a four-issue miniseries published right before Marvel canceled the comic - and the entire Ultraverse line of comics - I’d say it probably is fairly scarce and hard to find. There also appears to be a regular-cover Necromantra #4 (this series featured the Lord Pumpkin/Necromantra flip books for the first three issues) with the same interiors. And, being a former Ultraverse collector, this is one that I had never seen before, nor did I know even existed.

8 minutes ago, Brother J said:

Last Ultraverse book is Ultraverse Future Shock published in February 1997. Ultraverse is an interesting line to collect, lots of neat, rare items. Here's one you're not going to find very easily:

https://cheepultraverse.wordpress.com/tag/mantra/

Wow, I never knew that Mantra existed. I have the Future Shock, but hadn't checked the date and didn't realize it was published later than Angels of Destruction.

Found a bunch of Image NS today. Love the Jim Lee Deathblow covers. They always remind me of Frank Miller. It's nice to see a McFarlane cover not featuring Spawn, as well.

Also, I can never find the S Platt MK issues so I guess I'll have to live with the Supreme example for now.

IMG_1885 (2).JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

Edited by WhatMeWorry

15 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Also, I'm assuming in the indicia of the Image NS, Vol 2 means newstand?

Supreme had a Volume 1 and a Volume 2, is that the Image that you are speaking of? Generally, the indicia is the same for direct/newsstand issues.

1 hour ago, mrwoogieman said:

Supreme had a Volume 1 and a Volume 2, is that the Image that you are speaking of? Generally, the indicia is the same for direct/newsstand issues.

Supreme #1 NS has a Volume 2 on the cover and in the indicia. I've must've just missed the fact that Supreme, Brigade, and Cyberforce must've had earlier series. Thanks for the information.

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I got my #9 pack at a rummage sale. They had another 2 pack for sale that had Spawn #6. Hated to have it snatched out from the table I was looking at but I glady took the Angela one.

That's funny, I got mine in a big lot at an estate auction. I bought the box to get the Justice League stuff, and that Spawn car set was thrown in there. I think I sold it a couple of weeks ago. They're not worth much of anything (though I'd think the #9 would likely sell much better than the others, obviously) but they're still pretty cool.

On 9/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, WhatMeWorry said:

Supreme #1 NS has a Volume 2 on the cover and in the indicia. I've must've just missed the fact that Supreme, Brigade, and Cyberforce must've had earlier series. Thanks for the information.

Fun fact: The very first issue of Supreme said Volume 2 on it, right there on the cover, even though it was the 1st issue of the title, and there was no Supreme before it. While there are spinoffs (The return, Glory days, Supreme Blue Rose etc)  there's only one volume of "Supreme".