• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I never usually hit up the dollar boxes but I’ve been watching this thread and found myself in a new store today with a ton of dollar boxes and hit some nice stuff... check it out.

A8AB908F-4DFB-45C8-A60B-4015D7A8EDDF.jpeg

5 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Nice find on the Ghost! I've had some success finding that Alpha Flight #33 and #34.

Love them McFarlane Marvel Tales. :luhv:

I haven't found the alpha flight of 1st lady deathstrike :sumo:

I've had close to full runs found at bookstores lol it's no where to be found. :makepoint::ohnoez:

On 11/11/2018 at 1:34 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I never usually hit up the dollar boxes but I’ve been watching this thread and found myself in a new store today with a ton of dollar boxes and hit some nice stuff... check it out.

A8AB908F-4DFB-45C8-A60B-4015D7A8EDDF.jpeg

We now have a dollar box thread for these sorts of fantastic finds of common, but profitable, books. This is a great thread because it is very educational re: obscure stuff we may not be aware is HTF.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

(worship)

Story?

As these things usually go, nothing extraordinary like ransacking a rundown Borders or uncovering it while rummaging in a hoarder's house.

I was at my LCS's semi-annual sale where they bring out a couple dozen extra unsorted short boxes from "the back" to flip through. It may have been in the first box I looked in. If it wasn't for this site and some downtime at work, I would have flipped right by it. When I do peruse ASMs at a show or a store, I do check for this one (and a few other printing oddities -- XM 423, Batman 457, etc.) just in case. This time it paid off.

11 hours ago, manetteska said:

:whistle:

2A677483-6033-415B-9EEB-14280FD125F6.jpeg

What's special about this? I don't collect Spider-Man, so I'm curious!

NEVERMIND, I see, it's a newsstand. I guess a particularly tough one?

Edited by F For Fake

25 minutes ago, october said:

Looks like the guy who was after it found one....after paying $750 just for the lead! :whatthe:

I searched the WTB for "Spider-Man 694" and missed his latest topic as he shortened the title to ASM. 

1. I wonder where the other collector found it/ how the boardie found it.

2. Now that Dutch is complete is there still someone looking for it?

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I think there were 2 WTB threads looking for this book with a handsome reward for finding it.
I think this is the last ASM newsstand can some ASM nut confirm it?

I own a 700 newsstand, so no.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think there were 2 WTB threads looking for this book with a handsome reward for finding it.
I think this is the last ASM newsstand can some ASM nut confirm it?

I definitely bought 698's from B&N and sold them on here when those were hot. 

8 hours ago, manetteska said:

As these things usually go, nothing extraordinary like ransacking a rundown Borders or uncovering it while rummaging in a hoarder's house.

I was at my LCS's semi-annual sale where they bring out a couple dozen extra unsorted short boxes from "the back" to flip through. It may have been in the first box I looked in. If it wasn't for this site and some downtime at work, I would have flipped right by it. When I do peruse ASMs at a show or a store, I do check for this one (and a few other printing oddities -- XM 423, Batman 457, etc.) just in case. This time it paid off.

Which, of course, begs the question: what was your LCS doing with newsstands? hm