• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BishopT said:
6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think there were 2 WTB threads looking for this book with a handsome reward for finding it.
I think this is the last ASM newsstand can some ASM nut confirm it?

I own a 700 newsstand, so no.

Yep looks there is one. Anyone know the last issue that has a newsstand for ASM?

4 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yep looks there is one. Anyone know the last issue that has a newsstand for ASM?

That's it. 700 is the last issue of ASM (v.2).

Correct. The first twenty issues of Superior Spidey had newsstands, then they stopped. It was 20 wasn't it? 

12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
17 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
34 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That's it. 700 is the last issue of ASM (v.2).

Correct. The first twenty issues of Superior Spidey had newsstands, then they stopped. It was 20 wasn't it? 

This was my understanding.  I think the Superior Spidey ended somewhere between 18-22, 20 sounds right.

15 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

24, according to the GCD. But they don't have scans past issue 16.

Mile High has no listings past issue 20, but they also don't have listings for every previous issue. (shrug)

30 minutes ago, revat said:

This was my understanding.  I think the Superior Spidey ended somewhere between 18-22, 20 sounds right.

12 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

24, according to the GCD. But they don't have scans past issue 16.

Mile High has no listings past issue 20, but they also don't have listings for every previous issue. (shrug)

I had them all at one point. I'll dig my old notes out tomorrow. Should have pictures too somewhere :wishluck:

Also, I was buying newsstand editions of random Marvel books during 2013, and I guess they stopped either near the end of '13 or the beginning of '14? The last newsstand copies I recall buying off the shelf were the last issue of that year's Winter Soldier, the Hawkeye Annual from Fraction/Aja's run, the first three issues of the X Men book that Brian Wood was writing, and some random issues of Bendis' Uncanny X Men, I think from around August/September (please don't ask for pics, because finding those would take some serious digging). Have we come up with an idea of what the real final Marvel newsstands were, in general? I would have kept buying them until they ended, but both of my resources for newsstands had closed by October that year.

Edited by BishopT

10 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I remember seeing a website with an official statement from Marvel on the end of the newsstand distribution but I cant find it now.

I'm pretty sure what you're thinking of didn't mention any specifics, just "we stopped newsstand distribution in (year)" or something like that. It was also less an "official statement" than a question answered by somebody higher up at Marvel.

18 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I have found plenty of newies at LCS. My guess is that they probably get them when they buy collections.

Obviously. I'm not sure how or why that is a question.