• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Robin #1 (1993)

Detective #675 (which also had a "collector's edition" platinum that was unobtainable by the casual buyer.)

Eclipso Special #1 had both a jeweled version and a non-jeweled version, but with the same artwork.

Ah yes, the #100 issues, too.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Robin #1 (1993)

Detective #675 (which also had a "collector's edition" platinum that was unobtainable by the casual buyer.)

Eclipso Special #1 had both a jeweled version and a non-jeweled version, but with the same artwork.

Ah yes, the #100 issues, too.

(thumbsu

Also Action Comics 687, 695, Superman: The Man of Steel 22, 30, Superman 78, 82, 123, Adventures of Superman 500, 501, 505, Superman: The Wedding Album, Batman 515, 530-532, Detective Comics 682, Batman: Shadow of the Bat 35, Robin 14, etc.

16 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

(thumbsu

Also Action Comics 687, 695, Superman: The Man of Steel 22, 30, Superman 78, 82, 123, Adventures of Superman 500, 501, 505, Superman: The Wedding Album, Batman 515, 530-532, Detective Comics 682, Batman: Shadow of the Bat 35, Robin 14, etc.

It's not like I don't have multiple copies of every single one of those books, but "I knew that...I just forgot I knew it" doesn't fly much.

Besides...I DID say "especially for the books listed above" so I'll let that be my out. 

:D

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

21 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I know it may just be me, but I have NEVER found an ASM 583 first print. Ever. I've bought three ASM collections in the last few years and all those even had later printings. 

Regular Romita cover or Obama variant 1st print?

1 minute ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Obama. Sorry.

I would think that most of these were flipped in the multiple printing craze.  All sorts of people who normally didn't collect wanted this book for the Obama cover.  I remember different people coming into the LCS to get one of every printing and they never collected comics before.

Haven't seen either of these books in a long time. I have personally seen Copy D never seen Copy E anywhere, but once or twice
on ebay. Id like to find a copy of either some day.

Over the years I have found just about any book I tried to find at least once. These 2 books elude me to this day.

image.png.2039f6a7cb0ecc63134a1efd08ecfce7.pngimage.png.2884597496f9f384f96ea9a9bc0a2746.png

Edited by fastballspecial

51 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Found this one locally, not sure how this book was originally distributed though. It would be cool if you opened the Sunday newspaper and this fell out!

0507191022a.thumb.jpg.3d02125d1de9af22d32f439c87f848ed.jpg

Looks like the value of that armadillo buckle has increased. They now sell for $5.01.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980s-Armadillo-Solid-Brass-Belt-Buckle-/303071694392

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's just the regular, non-enhanced version. By this time, the comics market was in full meltdown mode, and of those stores that ordered any, I would imagine most ordered the shiny, sparkly one. By the way...the newsstand version is also the shiny sparkly one, so this is the only example of the regular copy out there.

I'd be willing to bet that less than 50,000 were ordered, but that is a total guess.

It is way less common than the regular #100 though. I sold one on these boards a year or two ago.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, F For Fake said:

I've pulled at least two of those Punisher 100's out of 50 cent bins here within the last 5 years or so. Pretty sure I threw one into a cheap sales thread here on the boards a couple of years ago as well. I recall at the time that I was surprised by how hard it was to sell the thing, considering I'd never seen them around. Can't imagine I got more than $10 out of it, if that. As always, my timing is impeccable.

My dim recollection is that my copy, with a giant spine ding, sold for $50-$60

7 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Amazing find friend! Might go up in price now that Doug T. Is revamping interest in the property. A new video game and graphic novel.

Great book.  Series doesn't show up often.

Patrick

12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Found this in the wild for a buck at the Motor City Con this weekend!

20190521_220508.jpg

Great find one of the few books I have only found once I sold the set to a buyer in Russia. Truly scarce book. Did u play it cool or do a dance when saw it?

:applause:

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Great find one of the few books I have only found once I sold the set to a buyer in Russia. Truly scarce book. Did u play it cool or do a dance when saw it?

:applause:

I waited till I got back to my booth for the gloating to occur....everyone there was like "whatever" so it was anti-climatic for me....lol

Of course I am sure that years ago I probably had them in my $1 boxes so what goes around comes around.....