• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Been looking a long time to prove this book existed. Once in a blue moon on ebay,
but I have never seen one let along found one till now. NM copy to boot. :banana:

spawndragf.thumb.jpg.353439a041b83ba33762131eef80b39f.jpg

What's the story about this?

Can you be more specific? How I found it? Or how tough it is to find.

The print run for that book is not very high. In fact at the time it was only way newsstand readers could finish the story because 
for newsstand readers there was no Savage Dragon newsstands at that point so they created this book from what I have read.
They either had to buy the direct copy or find this copy.

Its a different cover then the original Savage Dragon 30 by adding a few items on the front cover. Its just a neat rare book that
Image created to appease newsstand collectors as Savage Dragon's newsstand issues had ended early. Larsen said he was
losing Money so he pulled Dragon from the newsstands. 

Savage Dragon's direct print run roughly around 35K during that time. Decide what the newsstand print run was of that and any way 
you slice it you have a pretty rare copy that actually stands out from SD 30 due to the additions on the cover. I like that and the fact
that the newsstand haters can't dispute the rarity of the book or the fact that it has a different cover. 

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I've been looking for years and never found one. I have to assume you're going to find one in dollar drek boxes. I've seen a couple on the bay.

Every once awhile I see the Savage Dragon copy only to be disappointed as its really the Savage Dragon issue lol.
They pop up on ebay occasionally. This will be the only copy I ever find. Ive been looking for at least 6 years.

The only books really I put in this category are Earthworm Jim, Static 45(I have found a couple), and Savage Dragon/Spawn 1, Shawdowman V3 6 and V2 Glow in the Dark, Sly Cooper, Hulk 337 3rd print, Maximum Carnage Acclaim Copy from my personal experiences.( I am sure there are more all I can think of for now.)

They are all fun challenges in any grade with NM being extremely difficult. I realize some don't find this interesting but you really cant deny the rarity of them. I compare them to chasing 30 and 35 cent variants from the 70s with some being easier and many being more difficult, but the same fun feeling when you find one.

Edited by fastballspecial

14 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Surprised that Venom got some love on that cover. lol

what about "strong guy".... upper left.... one of these things is not like the other lol 

Recently I've been to Russia and visited a flea market, it's called Udelnaya, so well, I have found a couple of old looking comics, they're in Russian. I don't know a word in Russian except for 'vodka' but that's international :D I bought it anyway cause they were really cheap and maybe someone's interested? Btw, Russian bazaars and flea markets are a great place to find something both rare and cheap cause sellers usually don't know what they're selling. If anyone's going to Russia soon I found a good article about that flea market https://petersburg.expert/blog/udelnaya-flea-market/ there's info about opening hours and location and some tips. I will make a photo of the comics and post it, if you're interested message me :)

On 5/28/2019 at 2:56 AM, sofitofi0 said:

Recently I've been to Russia and visited a flea market, it's called Udelnaya, so well, I have found a couple of old looking comics, they're in Russian. I don't know a word in Russian except for 'vodka' but that's international :D I bought it anyway cause they were really cheap and maybe someone's interested? Btw, Russian bazaars and flea markets are a great place to find something both rare and cheap cause sellers usually don't know what they're selling. If anyone's going to Russia soon I found a good article about that flea market https://petersburg.expert/blog/udelnaya-flea-market/ there's info about opening hours and location and some tips. I will make a photo of the comics and post it, if you're interested message me :)

Me to wife: "honey, I heard st Petersburg is nice this time of year"

wife: "its comic related isn't it???"