• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Davidone said:

Thank you. Do you have a copy or know how it was distributed?

Mea Culpa, I was wrong.  It was the book released with Marvel Legends Series V Blade Action Figure.  It looks like there were three different books paired with this action figure. 

• Tomb of Dracula #10.
  • Tomb of Dracula #45 (with the cover of of Blade Vol 2 #1).  What's really weird is the back of the action figure shows Blade paired with the original cover of Tomb of Dracula #45.  
  • Blade II 20 page poster book. 

CGC census only has one copy of the Tomb of Dracula #10 reprint graded at a 9.0.  Best chance of finding it is buying a sealed Blade action figure with the correct comic.

Edited by Ralph Snart

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Marvel Legends are very hard to find at 9.4 let alone higher. I rarely find NM copies of any of them.

The plastic clamshell packaging, along with how the bagged books inside were taped to the packaging made it very hard to find true NM books even when they were first put out on the shelves. Add in the weight of a lot of the figures, and packages getting man-handled on the pegs and shelves, and  :facepalm:

Not to mention a lot of them have black and dark borders, and hello color breaking creases. :tonofbricks:

16 hours ago, Ralph Snart said:

Mea Culpa, I was wrong.  It was the book released with Marvel Legends Series V Blade Action Figure.  It looks like there were three different books paired with this action figure. 

• Tomb of Dracula #10.
  • Tomb of Dracula #45 (with the cover of of Blade Vol 2 #1).  What's really weird is the back of the action figure shows Blade paired with the original cover of Tomb of Dracula #45.  
  • Blade II 20 page poster book. 

CGC census only has one copy of the Tomb of Dracula #10 reprint graded at a 9.0.  Best chance of finding it is buying a sealed Blade action figure with the correct comic.

What's confusing is the dates. The figure is from 2003. All the internet resources give the book a 2005 date. Do you have a photo of the figure in package with this book? I can't find a photo anywhere. Do you have a source for your information? Been trying to find hard evidence on this thing and i'm coming up short. thank you for the help. i appreciate it

9 hours ago, Davidone said:

Have many of the Legends figures been released with multiple books like Blade? I'm surprised that there is not much "deeper" information published by collectors about Legends figures online

People in the Marvel Legends "club" don't talk about the Marvel Legends "club". :gossip:

:insane:

On 8/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, deadleg said:
On 8/27/2019 at 6:13 PM, fastballspecial said:

cap25fnews.thumb.jpg.e63f340aa8b144897d98aeb954660d2c.jpg

Since when is this hard to find? Just curious. 

Making it a little easier for those who still don't see the difference (not specific to Captain America #25... this is for most comics from any publisher):

ns_v_de_right.png

27 minutes ago, Brock said:
4 hours ago, valiantman said:

ns_v_de_right.png

Plus, one says NEWSSTAND and the other says DIRECT. It's pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

:baiting:

Yep, you can even do it from tiny photos when it doesn't say NEWSSTAND and DIRECT. :kidaround:

ns_wrong.png

Even when the seller is wrong.:sumo:

ns_wrong1.png

Edited by valiantman