• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, deadleg said:
4 hours ago, Brock said:

Plus, one says NEWSSTAND and the other says DIRECT. It's pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

:baiting:

The cap fast posted didn’t say newsstand. 

I didn't want to spoil it for anyone.

And I knew someone would come in and explain it sooner or later.

They are very hard to come as it was toward the end of Marvel's Newsstand run.
In this books case I have seen just a couple over the years and I buy everyone I see.

I've been looking for a copy of Marvel Action Hour: Fantastic Four #8 whenever I stop at a comic store. Haven't found one yet. It's certainly not rare but I'm guessing the print run must have been low. It's not available at mycomicshop.com or Mile High Comics either. I think there's a single copy on eBay but with shipping it's almost as much as buying a complete #1-8 run.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:19 PM, fastballspecial said:

I didn't want to spoil it for anyone.

And I knew someone would come in and explain it sooner or later.

In this books case I have seen just a couple over the years and I buy everyone I see.

No wonder my 8.0 copy sold like THAT!:tonofbricks:

On 8/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, fastballspecial said:

Definitely tougher to find newsstand books in the 2000s, but not a lot of "key issues" (regular direct editions with value, not incentive variants, just normal "keys") exist in the 2000s (so far), so the combination is really nice when you get a "recent key" (Captain America #25) and newsstand.  The best combo at this point is probably Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand.  They're definitely turning up less often than the 1:25 variant, but that doesn't mean there are fewer of them... just that it's possible many people who have Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand don't realize it's more than a regular direct edition.

Edited by valiantman

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Definitely tougher to find newsstand books in the 2000s, but not a lot of "key issues" (regular direct editions with value, not incentive variants, just normal "keys") exist in the 2000s (so far), so the combination is really nice when you get a "recent key" (Captain America #25) and newsstand.  The best combo at this point is probably Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand.  They're definitely turning up less often than the 1:25 variant, but that doesn't mean there are fewer of them... just that it's possible many people who have Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand don't realize it's a more than a regular direct edition.

Please don't remind me of UF4 again.

I sold 3 copies for $50 each a couple years ago thinking I made out like a bandit. :cry:

I’d love a UF 4 newsstand. As for key issue newsstands I have from the last 15 years or so, Incredible Hulk #92 (Planet Hulk), ASM 700, Daredevil 21(Superior), Batman 655, Detective Comics 880, and a handful New X Men 128 newsies. That’s all I can think of... did they do newsstands for NYX?

3 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I’d love a UF 4 newsstand. As for key issue newsstands I have from the last 15 years or so, Incredible Hulk #92 (Planet Hulk), ASM 700, Daredevil 21(Superior), Batman 655, Detective Comics 880, and a handful New X Men 128 newsies. That’s all I can think of... did they do newsstands for NYX?

No newsstands for NYX.   Good list, though! 

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:
8 minutes ago, BishopT said:

No newsstands for NYX.   Good list, though! 

small plug, but Batman #24 batman proposal to catwoman? or ASM #607? not nearly as "key", just wondering thoughts?

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

small plug, but Batman #24 batman proposal to catwoman? or ASM #607? not nearly as "key", just wondering thoughts?

I picked up a few Batman 24 newsstands, as well as a few Batman #40 new 52 newsstands when they came out, but I think a bunch of other people did too. They don’t really command much. ASM 607 is a good one though. This reminds me that I managed to get a Justice League #40 new 52 newsstand as well... that one doesn’t pop up as much.

On 9/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, BishopT said:

In my humble opinion, I believe NS Batman 655 is currently undervalued and has the best long term potential. It feels like a sleeper. That newsstand is 100X harder to find than the

variant.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, BishopT said:

I picked up a few Batman 24 newsstands, as well as a few Batman #40 new 52 newsstands when they came out, but I think a bunch of other people did too. They don’t really command much. ASM 607 is a good one though. This reminds me that I managed to get a Justice League #40 new 52 newsstand as well... that one doesn’t pop up as much.

How about batman beyond 1 newsstand?

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

How about batman beyond 1 newsstand?

The first volume? I’m sure it would go for a little more than the direct edition, but I’ve never researched... being from 99 there were still a good many newsstand outlets carrying comics, so I bet it’s not terribly scarce.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:32 PM, BishopT said:

I'd add ASM 654 and Batman 635.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, fastballspecial said:

Please don't remind me of UF4 again.

I sold 3 copies for $50 each a couple years ago thinking I made out like a bandit. :cry:

Better than me selling 3 for $35, incl shipping. But not a newsie

Edited by the blob