• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Their(Borders) books were in horrible shape. I picked up a few, but many times they were too damaged to get any.

hey kid, this ain't a library . . . lol

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Very good find. Not as valuable as some others, but I find that one to be the hardest to find.
There is also I think a price variant as well.

Thank you!  When you mean price variant is it a 9 cent newsstand?  This one is 2.25. 

Edited by Wolverinex

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Very good find. Not as valuable as some others, but I find that one to be the hardest to find.
There is also I think a price variant as well.

Thank you!  When you mean price variant is it a 9 cent newsstand?  This one is 2.25.

Yes this is the newsstand version. I think there is a 3rd & 4th  version of this where the $.09 isn't on the cover.
One is the Baltimore Con Variant it is easier to find
I think there is a 4th normal price book without the $.09 version. Anyone confirm this? Its similar to the X-Men
and Avengers copies that do exist.

22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes this is the newsstand version. I think there is a 3rd & 4th  version of this where the $.09 isn't on the cover.
I think there is a 4th normal price book without the $.09 version. Anyone confirm this? Its similar to the X-Men

I've been searching online for these other two variants but can't find them.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
On 10/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, fastballspecial said:

I've been searching online for these other two variants but can't find them.

Looks like only the Baltimore copy exists. Read this website and it will explain it 
better then I can. The FF copy doesn't exist, but there is Avengers and X-Men ones.

https://heroesgalaxy.com/variants/modern-discount-marvels/

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Looks like only the Baltimore copy exists. Read this website and it will explain it 
better then I can. The FF copy doesn't exist, but there is Avengers and X-Men ones.

https://heroesgalaxy.com/variants/modern-discount-marvels/

Nice, I have found the Xmen and the Avengers error variants.  Those are so cool

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Love finding these still.

xmen25.thumb.jpg.8e059e920938e97f0e0e9dae75d99b86.jpg

Excellent! Any news on value on these? I own this one and wolverine 75 with a distorted hologram on the label, but gocollect.com never has enough sales to make fmv and I don't have GPA....

27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Excellent! Any news on value on these? I own this one and wolverine 75 with a distorted hologram on the label, but gocollect.com never has enough sales to make fmv and I don't have GPA....

Well if you can find a 9.4 or better you will do very well. So far I have only found 8.5 to 9.2. This one is 9.4, but has a slight printer
defect like seam from the printer on it so I wont slab it either.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Well if you can find a 9.4 or better you will do very well. So far I have only found 8.5 to 9.2. This one is 9.4, but has a slight printer

My X-Men #25, I have a doubly signed in CGC 9.4, one Sig is Andy Kubert and I forget the other... that I bought a couple of years ago for either $150 or $250

The wolverine 75 is a blue label 9.0... that I spent like $50 on 

I'm not at home to get exact on the #25

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

My X-Men #25, I have a doubly signed in CGC 9.4, one Sig is Andy Kubert and I forget the other... that I bought a couple of years ago for either $150 or $250

The wolverine 75 is a blue label 9.0... that I spent like $50 on 

I'm not at home to get exact on the #25

Edited just now by ADAMANTIUM

I forgot about the registry, makes it available at the push of a button lol

2019_10_21 5_57 PM Office Lens.jpg

2019_10_21 5_58 PM Office Lens.jpg