• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Visited one of my favorite stores today and found these for a cover price. 

20191218_201705.jpg

20191218_201813.jpg

Found some weird Gold Image books and a blue cover one too.  

I guess the Pitt In the Blood isn't rare but the Pitt Crew 5 is?  

The Wildcats 1 gold for cover price is a NICE pickup. I paid...significantly more for mine.

15 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I was visiting family this weekend and found these spider-man newsstands. Issues 575, 590, 608.  Kinda regret picking them up now.   Are any of these rare?20191222_173446.thumb.jpg.6e389ad540fa88c071dcbc5f5f6642f6.jpg

Unless they were terribly expensive... those are nice wins on a budget though

Idk, but 608 is close enough to issues 606 & 607 that someone might pay a little something 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Unless they were terribly expensive... those are nice wins on a budget though

Thank you, I just regret whenever I buy stuff I don't really know much about. I know we have a bunch of avid Spider-Man newsstand collectors in this thread you could provide me with more information

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Thank you, I just regret whenever I buy stuff I don't really know much about. I know we have a bunch of avid Spider-Man newsstand collectors in this thread you could provide me with more information

Idk, but 608 is close enough to issues 606 & 607 that someone might pay a little something 

That's all I got, there was a 608 issue raw for sale on eBay recently idk if It sold

On 11/25/2019 at 2:56 PM, Beige said:

Thankyou!

Once again, I learn something new on these damn fine boards

Thanks Ads

There are 4 different Pressman variants. The X-Men game came with 1 of 3 different issues or a mail-away coupon for a 4th. This 4th one is obviously the toughest to find. 

On 12/22/2019 at 5:56 PM, Wolverinex said:

I kind of think any ASM is good for a buck 

5 hours ago, the blob said:

I kind of think any ASM is good for a buck 

These were actually more expensive sitting the store's backstock which is why I had some initial buyer's remorse.  However, after visiting several stores this holiday and not finding any newsstands, I glad I picked these up

Edited by Wolverinex

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I found a couple a few weeks ago and passed .  Are they that rare?  

#9 is for sure, last issue.

No issue of Kid 'N Play is even in the same galaxy as rare. It's a Marvel series from 1992.

That doesn't mean that they're comparable to X-Force 1 or that everybody is guaranteed to find them in every box they see, but they are absolutely not rare.

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

No issue of Kid 'N Play is even in the same galaxy as rare. It's a Marvel series from 1992.

That doesn't mean that they're comparable to X-Force 1 or that everybody is guaranteed to find them in every box they see, but they are absolutely not rare.

Sure, whatever you say (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

The Oxford Dictionary has the following definition for rare:

(of a thing) not found in large numbers and consequently of interest or value

There are currently no copies of Kid 'N Play #9 for sale on Mile High or MCS. There are only two raw copies on EBay for $50. I'd say that definition applies.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
4 hours ago, ygogolak said:
16 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I found a couple a few weeks ago and passed .  Are they that rare?  

#9 is for sure, last issue.

Ive been looking for this book for 15+ years with no luck. There are 2 on ebay for $50 + $129 for a slab, 0 on mycomicshop, 0 at mile high, 0 at grammer cracker, 0 on Atomic Avenure and 1 on Comic Collector for $35.00  to name a few. I think its just as hard to find as Earthworm Jim.

The book is very hard to find. Its been feature from time to time on other sites of the same issue. Just because you don't actively look for something doesn't mean its not hard to find.

Yes I get the point its from 1992 and yes the print runs were higher for books. Go ahead and find me one. Prove us wrong.

You obviously know better then us that look out in the field every week.

Edited by fastballspecial