• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, Wolverinex said:

Picked these for cheap but I guess the only one I thought was rare was the tmnt 1 image. It's 9.8 too. I've seen the others before. 

20191218_203323.jpg

I have that Witchblade and Darkness. Didn't know they were rare

On 1/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, Aweandlorder said:

7CCC42C1-AD73-4F03-9F55-902262530EC5.thumb.jpeg.22261407014002fb9fd9a09d097398dc.jpeg

:cloud9:  Lol, I need a copy!

Edited by universal soldier

On 8/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Odd that I went after these... bought the X-Men #25 ss off of eBay (9.4) to go with this that I'm sending off to cgc this Thursday. Odd that I'm doing all this for "distorted hologram", now that I bought the #25 off eBay, I know that is all that it says.... I guess the "blue" moniker comes from the way the distorted ones look. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here lol

20180805_152846.jpg

Did it come back from CGC with a DISTORTED HOLOGRAM note on the label? I'm dealing with CGC right now, i sent them 6 OCEAN BLUE hologram books, but no notation on the label, even though they all graded 9.8 WHITE.

Edited by KryptoSpidey

3 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Did it come back from CGC with a DISTORTED HOLOGRAM note on the label? I'm dealing with CGC right now, i sent them 6 OCEAN BLUE hologram books, but no notation on the label, even though they all graded 9.8 WHITE. CGC says "it's up to the grader". BS its up to the grader

GetImage.aspx?c=3206906&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=GetImage.aspx?c=3206906&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

Now I don't know how dark and errored the one's that you sent in were, do you have better photo's than mine? but yes it came back on the label in 9.0 :) 

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

What I like most about those hologram variants is that there are several.
Fun stuff to look for.

Green
Green/Blue
Blue
Blue/Black
Almost all Black.

True!

And here is a better pic, mine is black with blue edges on the side...

20200113_152413.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

28 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

I have a few graded wolverine dark blue errors and they didnt state it on the label.  I have an all black hologram as well

Is your all black also not on the label?

Did you or @KryptoSpidey put it on the variation notes when submitting?

I submitted mine through the LCS at the time so not sure the procedure, if it isn't in the drop down menu for variation. I'd like to know as I also have $3.99 newsstands and such that are not documented in cgc's drop down menu either, so I haven't sent them in because I'm not sure they'll come back correctly labeled...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I submitted mine through the LCS at the time so not sure the procedure, if it isn't in the drop down menu for variation. I'd like to know as I also have $3.99 newsstands and such that are not documented in cgc's drop down menu either, so I haven't sent them in because I'm not sure they'll come back correctly labeled...

I wrote in the VARIANT section DISTORTED HOLOGRAM ERROR  but whether or not they look or care about that since it's not on the drop menu is a different story. I'll talk with Matt Nelson if I have to, I'm not accepting the USPS package it will go straight back to CGC and someone will deal with me directly

Just now, KryptoSpidey said:

I wrote in the VARIANT section DISTORTED HOLOGRAM ERROR  but whether or not they look or care about that since it's not on the drop menu is a different story. I'll talk with Matt Nelson if I have to, I'm not accepting the USPS package it will go straight back to CGC and someone will deal with me directly

I feel like following that up with a meme from pulp fiction, "That's a bold statement" hahaha

But glad your confident!

I'm still a bit of a noob, so I'll be excited to see how it turns out :)

Hope it DOES work out for you! ^^

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've looked at CGC label data and there is Distorted hologram on cover like your 9.0 since 2016 I can find up to 9/2019 so there's no CGC excuse for it's something old or a mistake new. It's simply inconcistancy...and my 6 at CGC were blue image not a blue,gold and green hologram

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think my favorite is still the bright blue it's so cool to see.

Black is also tough I have only found one of them.

I agree!  I have like 30 blue distorted holograms and i think 2 black. Ive seen ab almost all redish color one but a friend years back bought it.  I have 4 graded blue 9.8 but inly 1 was labeled with distorted error hologram

6 hours ago, Okeydoke said:

I had a Wolverine #75 with a Gold hologram. It was a deep gold color very distinguishable fro the yellow/green. Sold it for $200. I've seen many copies of all the various colors but that was the only gold one I've ever seen. I know I have a pic of it on my home PC. I'll post it when I find it.

Id like to see that. I mean they are all gold right? What makes this one different?

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Id like to see that. I mean they are all gold right? What makes this one different?

A HOLOGRAM is gold, blue and green to actually be a HOLOGRAM with "movement".

Everything else, like the BLUE or as he says GOLD ones are not HOLOGRAMS they are single color pictures basically with no "movement"