• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

It's a 3rd print, published long after the first two printings, hence the cover price being 75 cents higher than it was for the original two printings. As I recall, it was issued for purposes of hyping some event going on in the Hulk title when that 3rd print was published. (Peter David was still writing the book.) I think it was only available to the direct market, and comic shops didn't order many.)

On 1/8/2021 at 5:02 AM, fastballspecial said:

Has anyone ever answered what that Hulk 377 is? Does anyone really know?
I seen several Joe 155s over the years, but never this book. Does it exist in production
at all or some sort of Marvel Legend or something else.

Here are all the 377 variants plus Hulk does not like hot water :D 

hulk377.jpg

On 1/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, Catwomancomics said:

"Curiously three years later, in 1994, the issue was reprinted once again, this time with small print run to the North American direct market" ... not that curious. 377 was the beginning of a nice Peter David / Dale Keown / Frank, etc. run for several years where Hulk was smart. I guess he started getting angry and dumb again around 425? 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

"Curiously three years later, in 1994, the issue was reprinted once again, this time with small print run to the North American direct market" ... not that curious. 377 was the beginning of a nice Peter David / Dale Keown / Frank, etc. run for several years where Hulk was smart. I guess he started getting angry and dumb again around 425? 

Yes back to Hulk smash, I had the first professor hulk but still, thank God for both too bad he somehow can't be both smart dumb creative and or all at the same time lol

Still like smart hulk as it served a purpose. Nothing beats the hulk that rampages either way

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Only 25, right? ;)

well i have from a good authority that was at the printing machine, that they printed 28 (a few extras in case some got damaged in the beginning)

On 1/7/2021 at 10:45 AM, littledoom said:

These were $1 estate sale buys.. never found them before in my illustrious comic hunting career .. particularly the GI Joe 155 which I’ve been after for say 15 years. A few years ago a guy I know pulled one from a dollar long box right before I was going to look through it at a small local show

0D27E0E8-72E3-476A-BD2A-CC151CD1A30D.thumb.jpeg.0bb921a110c969d45bb69d6a3f0f36eb.jpeg

A8DDB7A7-4C33-4AD0-91F5-7F60D54DC476.thumb.jpeg.481b3ff0141bd1ac3dcbe72a5cad0fa1.jpeg

that gi joe is a newsstand copy too to add to the find

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Not moderns, but hell I only find one every other year or so.
Single most difficult set to ever make. 

dd148.thumb.jpg.6bc5f4e749b7dfbdb42ee235b41cb924.jpgdd147.thumb.jpg.ee2ac4839ce7f2de5d0ddf09c301f1ac.jpg

I've never bought a 35 cent variant in the wild, but mostly because I'm not smart enough to remember which ones they are. At a show a few years ago, I saw but didn't buy two Conan 35 centers because I didn't know it until I was done with the box and the dealer watching over my shoulder said "wasn't that a couple of Conan 35 cent variants" as he went into the box. They were and they were now his. 

30 centers are much easier as you don't have to be educated at all to notice them. Those I've found a few times. 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:21 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I've never bought a 35 cent variant in the wild, but mostly because I'm not smart enough to remember which ones they are. At a show a few years ago, I saw but didn't buy two Conan 35 centers because I didn't know it until I was done with the box and the dealer watching over my shoulder said "wasn't that a couple of Conan 35 cent variants" as he went into the box. They were and they were now his. 

30 centers are much easier as you don't have to be educated at all to notice them. Those I've found a few times. 

This belief is why most of the 30 cent variants I have found in the wild are of the "hidden" variety where the price box looks regular, except of course for the price itself. It sounds like 30 cent starbursts are what you are referring to, or you have a lot of Marvel Tales 71 and Skull 7's...