• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2021 at 1:57 PM, paqart said:

A toy dealer with a kiosk at our local mall had just bought a huge lot of newsstand edition comics from somewhere. They were all mixed in with non-newsstand comics in about twenty long boxes, priced at a dollar apiece if ten or more were purchased. He only took cash and I only had a hundred dollars on me, so I had to leave a lot of them behind. Despite that, I managed to get 167 of the comics for my hundred dollars. Here are a few from that buy.

Sup SM.jpg

X-force.jpg

This post made me impulse buy that Uncanny X-men #4.

4 hours ago, RearAdmiralSwank said:

20210225_065756.jpg

Greg Hyland's style of parody was always a little too blunt-instrument for my tastes, but the best thing about the various Lethargic Lad titles is that he often got the artists whose books he was parodying to do parody covers of their own work. My favorites are probably Lethargic Comics #12, where William Tucci contributed a Shi cover to the Shi crossover/parody; Lethargic Comics #14, a send-up of Cerebus that sports a Dave Sim cover; and Lethargic Lad #3, because that Kingdom Come parody really does have an Alex Ross cover...

Speaking of books you can't find in the wild, I've actually never seen the retailer exclusive #0 ashcan Hyland produced in 2004 for Jim Hanley's Universe, nor have I seen any of the self-published issues of Lethargic Comics Weakly from when Hyland was at Sheridan College -- not to be confused with the 12-issue "normal" indie book of the same name -- although I believe these are just photocopied, so authentication is probably impossible anyway.

8 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Greg Hyland's style of parody was always a little too blunt-instrument for my tastes, but the best thing about the various Lethargic Lad titles is that he often got the artists whose books he was parodying to do parody covers of their own work. My favorites are probably Lethargic Comics #12, where William Tucci contributed a Shi cover to the Shi crossover/parody; Lethargic Comics #14, a send-up of Cerebus that sports a Dave Sim cover; and Lethargic Lad #3, because that Kingdom Come parody really does have an Alex Ross cover...

Speaking of books you can't find in the wild, I've actually never seen the retailer exclusive #0 ashcan Hyland produced in 2004 for Jim Hanley's Universe, nor have I seen any of the self-published issues of Lethargic Comics Weakly from when Hyland was at Sheridan College -- not to be confused with the 12-issue "normal" indie book of the same name -- although I believe these are just photocopied, so authentication is probably impossible anyway.

I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this. Also found this hiding amongst my Ticks

20210215_130124.jpg

22 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Think he's referring to a sunburn?  

Maybe the sand in that part of the country?

A soft emotional feeling? 

Patrick

good lord, we've been over this, they're both wearing pink, it just came out a little more mulberry, maybe violent, when it got printed. it's a fair after the fact innuendo, but do we really think stan goldberg was going there?

I see a lot of people pimping 1990s and 2000s archie newsstands as being rare (not saying that is what is going on with the innuendo cover, which sells whether direct or newsie). Were they? Archie was the book sold at a lot of newsstands, in Barnes & Noble, Borders, supermarkets, etc., it would seem Archie newsstands should be more common?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

good lord, we've been over this, they're both wearing pink, it just came out a little more mulberry, maybe violent, when it got printed. it's a fair after the fact innuendo, but do we really think stan goldberg was going there?

No offense, but it's irrelevant what he intended or didn't. 

The "innuendo" is why it's pulling $150/200. 

Patrick

50 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

No offense, but it's irrelevant what he intended or didn't. 

The "innuendo" is why it's pulling $150/200. 

Patrick

I am offended and angry