• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

THB 1 1st print

Genus 1,2

Lone Wolf and Cub 45

Flex Mentallo 1-4

Creatures of the Id

Graphique Musique 1-3

Grafik Muzik 1-4

Dead Air TPB

Floyd Farland

Any Acme Library book

Shadowman vol2 16 glow variant

Punisher 94,95 in raw 9.8 only( lots of 9.4-9.6's out there, very few 9.8's)

Punisher 102 (best Bullseye cover...EVER!)

ASM 430,431

Silver Surfer 146

Silver Surfer 100("comicwatch"? cover wrap variant, ive only seen 1 copy in the wild)

Certain Robotech issues(not saying which ones, but a few are next to IMPOSSIBLE to locate)

I seen quite a few ASM 430s/431s lately.

Might have been luck with some collections brought into a local store.

Patrick

Flex Mentallo 1-4

Yeah, that's a pretty good one. Last year, I finally finished the set I started 11 years ago.

Silver Surfer 146

My thighs hurt from so many copies of that one falling into my lap. :insane:

THB 1 1st print

Genus 1,2

Lone Wolf and Cub 45

Flex Mentallo 1-4

Creatures of the Id

Graphique Musique 1-3

Grafik Muzik 1-4

Dead Air TPB

Floyd Farland

Any Acme Library book

ASM 430,431

Silver Surfer 146

Silver Surfer 100("comicwatch"? cover wrap variant, ive only seen 1 copy in the wild)

Certain Robotech issues(not saying which ones, but a few are next to IMPOSSIBLE to locate)

I seen quite a few ASM 430s/431s lately.

Might have been luck with some collections brought into a local store.

Patrick

I used to see quite a few. I bought at least 5 copies (combined) out of $1 bins at WWChicago '06.

However, I've never seen a 431 better than 8.5. Even when I found both together, the 430 would be NM-ish and the 431 would be VF-ish. :pullhair::(

THB 1 1st print

Genus 1,2

Lone Wolf and Cub 45

Flex Mentallo 1-4

Creatures of the Id

Graphique Musique 1-3

Grafik Muzik 1-4

Dead Air TPB

Floyd Farland

Any Acme Library book

ASM 430,431

Silver Surfer 146

I know of a shop in my area that has Creatures Of The Id for $50, looks to be VF so I'm gonna offer $30

Graphique Musique 2 and 3 I've seen recently, didn't think they really went for anything though

Floyd Farland - I' sold mine a couple of years ago. There was a shop in Philly in the late 1980's that had piles of them, and I mean piles. They would give them away along with the freebie flyers and postcards and cram their quarter bin with them. There's one of those in many basement or attic in Philly for sure, just a matter of hitting the right flea market I guess

Edited by Lonzilla

Akira 38

Amazing Spider-Man 36 newsstand

Amazing Spider-Man 638 "O" second printing

Avengers 77 $2.00 cover price

Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children 30

Daredevil 40 $2.25 cover price

Fantastic Four 60 $2.25 cover price

Incredible Hulk 55 $2.25 cover price

X-Men 423 $2.25 cover price

and no one cares besides me, but there are several Adventure Time convention variants with print runs of 500 where I doubt that more than 200 exist.

BTW for those who care...there is an Adventure Time 15 Boston ComicCon variant. That was the show that was cancelled because of the Boston Marathon bombing. I know the book exists - I've seen a scan. The cover was used for 17, but the 15 was printed.

It is the only Adventure Time book I don't have - I'd pay a small fortune for it.

Man so many books to talk about.

THB is a tough book. I find one about once a year and always sells well.

Talk about your cult hit.

I used look for ASM 36 newsstands all the time, but have stopped in recent years. Its fun to see how many are mislabeled as direct copies too.

Id like to have a copy of Shadownman 16 Glow in the Dark just once to say I have seen one. Ive seen the Non-Glow, but never that book.

Shadowman V3 6 is always a nice sell as well very tough find.

The Silver Surfer 100 Variant I have looked hard for a long time with no success. Id like to know more about it as my memory is fading in my old age lol.

How HTF are the last three issues of Darkhawk? What about Ghost Rider #93?

I haven't looked for the GR book, but the final Darkhawks, like many final marvel books during that time, are.

I haven't found Ghost Rider #93 to be that hard to find; it was issued a fairly long period after #92, which is hard to find.

Close, but you're thinking of #94 that was published years after and is an easy find. #93 was the "last" issue.

I haven't looked for the GR book, but the final Darkhawks, like many final marvel books during that time, are.

I haven't found Ghost Rider #93 to be that hard to find; it was issued a fairly long period after #92, which is hard to find.

Close, but you're thinking of #94 that was published years after and is an easy find. #93 was the "last" issue.

Ghost Rider 94 doesn't exist. The issue that was supposed to be published as Ghost Rider 94 was eventually published (9 years later) along with a reprint of issue 93 as Ghost Rider Finale. Yes, it has a cover layout that makes it look like a "regular" Ghost Rider 94 and no, it is not hard to find.

Everything I said is correct unless you know something I don't. It says #94 on the cover. Every site I looked at calls it Ghost Rider #94. Marvel wiki calls it Ghost Rider #94.

CvTrCh.jpg

(pic not for you since you obviously know the issue)

Why is it not Ghost Rider #94? I mentioned that it was published years later. That does happen. (All Star Comics in the 70's springs to mind as an example as a series that had a large gap between issues) Does the indicia not say Ghost Rider #94? Curiosity is killing me.

Ghost Rider 94 doesn't exist. The issue that was supposed to be published as Ghost Rider 94 was eventually published (9 years later) along with a reprint of issue 93 as Ghost Rider Finale. Yes, it has a cover layout that makes it look like a "regular" Ghost Rider 94 and no, it is not hard to find.